Should I offer more? plus BLW question

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
I originally wanted to wait til 6 months for weaning but was told to offer other things by the doc (because of her lactose intolerance).

She has (at the moment)
half a soya yoghurt (an adult sized pot)
and a bowl of baby rice.

She'll have one of these at midday and one at about 5pm.
If we're eating things such as potato, swede etc then we will give her a bit of that mushed too.

But now she eats it all SO quickly! Should I up the amounts?

I am going to start BLW in 11 days! Should I just wait til then?

Also, when we start BLW is it ok to start with 2 'meals' a day and then soya yog afterwards for dessert? We were told to give the soya yog because of its calcium content so i didn't want to stop that.

I do do the 2 spoons thing and most of the time if her spoon is full she can get it into her mouth (other time mummy ends up wearing it).

Is that ok....?????

Suzie and Faith said:
I originally wanted to wait til 6 months for weaning but was told to offer other things by the doc (because of her lactose intolerance).

She has (at the moment)
half a soya yoghurt (an adult sized pot)
and a bowl of baby rice.

She'll have one of these at midday and one at about 5pm.
If we're eating things such as potato, swede etc then we will give her a bit of that mushed too.

But now she eats it all SO quickly! Should I up the amounts?

I am going to start BLW in 11 days! Should I just wait til then?

Also, when we start BLW is it ok to start with 2 'meals' a day and then soya yog afterwards for dessert? We were told to give the soya yog because of its calcium content so i didn't want to stop that.

I do do the 2 spoons thing and most of the time if her spoon is full she can get it into her mouth (other time mummy ends up wearing it).

Is that ok....?????

No reason why not Suzie, have you tried mixing other things with her baby rice like sweet potato, squash, carrot, banana, pear, apple etc? As she's edging towards 6 months you could also start making it a bit lumpier. We started offering Becky rice crackers to gum on and banana and eventually ditched the mush completely at 6 months.

If you think she'll eat it, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back