Should I be worried??

MrsG

Reaction score
Morning all

I am after a bit of advice, my LO has this week started to sleep for longer periods through the night, she has slept for 5 to 6 hour blocks for 4 nights this week which has been great. Last night she was asleep by 21:00 as usual and slept right through until I woke her at 06:00 this morning. Id been awake for an hour wondering what on earth was going on!!

I fed her 5oz at just gone six and she has gone straight back to sleep and is completely zonked now as I type. ive even had to change her nappy whilst she is sleeping in her moses basket.

should I be worried or should I just enjoy it whilst it lasts????? I think maybe it is due to her not really having a nap yesterday at all, she usually has at least a good four hours sleep in the day and didnt sleep yesterday at all. could this be why shes so sleepy and is just catching up??? or could she be ill, ive just had a stinking cold?? she hast got a temp at all. what do you think?? am I just being paranoid??

Eveyone has their lazy days and I'd probably think she's just tired from not napping yesterday. It always shocks you when they sleep for so long, I'd enjoy the sleep you had cos she might not let you tonight lol. If she hasn't got a temp and isn't snuffly I wouldn't worry. :)

Enjoy it hun :wink:

She might just be getting into a routine and believe me she will let you know when she is hungry.

Jack had been sleeping right through since about 8 weeks, if she doesn't wake for a feed i wouldn't wake her hun let her body get used to sleeping through.

Well done Charlotte :clap:

thanks ladies.

Yvonne, I think you are right as she slept again from 21:00 last night had a fed at about 04:30 and slept again till 08:30.

I never thought id get a lie in on saturday morning!!, DH and I were really pleased this morning. :)

Hi

yay thats great news, hope it continues.
Katrina

Hiya,
Im sure that sounds like a growth spurt. My jess was like that, I was worried she slept to much and all I got was unhelpfull comments like 'thats hardly a problem is it'. Well it was worrying to me and to you but I can put your mind at rest that she probably just needs a lot of sleep.
Even now at 2 she is a great sleeper, we dont expect her up before 7.30.
Enjoy! :clap: :clap:

We worry about Charlie as he is so young but since we brought him home he tends to be alert most of the day (he's tired but doesnt give in cos he is scared of missing out on something :D ) has a last bottle for the evening around 8pm (normally feeds 3-4oz every 3-4 hours) and then asleep around 10pm until about anything from 2-4am then another feed and down till around 8am.
Just hard coping with the colic around tea time but were coping well all considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back