should he accept?

weestar21

Reaction score
ok hers the story,

My OH has just been offerd a new position in work, hes currently a driver and is about to be put through his class 2. His boss has just offerd him a depot managers job and this is where were stuck.

Does he accept it or not. The job will mean more money,less hours, more stress, more work, more paper work, being stuck indoors all day.

He has always been out on the road from multy drop, pick up, car valeter to driving insructor.

hes to give his boss an answer by tomorrow and he just doesnt know what to do about it. The thing thats making him want to do it is because it will be more money but the thing thats putting him off is being stuck in a depot 8-6

what do yous think he should do?

thanx girlies
xxxx

if he fancies a change I would go for it, but if he isn't sure then I'd stay put x

if he doesnt accept he still has his same job but the thing thats getting to him is does he really want to be a van driver for the rest of his days

as i said to him the only person who can decide is himself so he has to have a desicion by tomorrow so i guess it will be a sleepless night tonite with him worrying

Is there anything about his current position that he isnt happy about? Basically I would say if it aint broke dont fix it! x

As you say, he is the only one who can decide, but I'd say that he could always give it a go, and if it's really getting on his nerves, then ask to go back to his former position?...depends a lot on his relationship with his boss, and how flexible he is ready to be.

On the other hand, I'd say that even though you might need the extra cash, it's better (for plenty of reasons) to enjoy your job! if not, then, youhate going to work, hate your life and hate whatever is in it...could bring difficult relatioship between you two...if he forces himself just because you need the extra cash...if you see what I mean! :think: ( I am not very clear, sorry!)

Whatever his decision is, you both should be fine with it! :wink:

mel xx

hes already stressed with his position at the mo anyway so it wont make much difference on our relationship as it is (its not great at the mo due to us both stressing over money)

i guess whatever he decides whether to try it out or not he still has his driving job to fall back on if it doesnt work out

thanks again girls for your replys will let him know your thoughts and will let yous know what he decides :D

just to let yous know he has accepted the job :D hes doing a trial run for 6 weeks to see how it goes. He wont start though untill they get cover for his run but will let you all know how he gets on so thankyou all for your opinnions

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back