She won't drink cows milk

Nic'n'Keeley

Reaction score
When Keeley first turnt 1 i decided to put her on cow and gates growing up milk cos of the extra iron... But not i'm trying to switch her to cows milk and she's not having any of it :wall: :wall:

I use cows milk for cooking and cereal so she's tasted it before but when it comes to drinking it she screams...

I've tried everything
*Heating it up
* Having it cold
*In a cup

The only thing i can think of now is falvouring it but i really don't wann do that.. :?

Help :D

Hannah wont drink it now hun she still has sma progress,i like u have tried everything but she hates it :hug:

Someone told me to sit there and drink it with her but i hate cow's milk :puke: ... but you could try it with hannah :)

i have hun because we drink loads, i have tried different cups putting milk shake mix in it and she still wont drink it

How about mixing it bit by bit, say give 5 oz of formula made up as usual, then add an oz of cows milk, then every day, reduce the formula and increase the cows milk, we did this when we had to change our middle daughter on to a dairy and soya free milk, it was vile, but we did it gradually so she couldnt tell.

EllieG said:
How about mixing it bit by bit, say give 5 oz of formula made up as usual, then add an oz of cows milk, then every day, reduce the formula and increase the cows milk, we did this when we had to change our middle daughter on to a dairy and soya free milk, it was vile, but we did it gradually so she couldnt tell.

^
^
^
Thats a good idea!! Will remember that if I have trouble with Libs as will be switching her cows milk at the end of this tub of formula, or - in fact - I might just start mixing them now??

Hope this works for Keeley Nic :hug:

Hi Hun

Gabs was the same when I first introduced her to cows milk and I did what EllieG suggested and it worked a treat.

Good luck :hug:

Isaac refused the growing up milk and cows milk when I stopped his formula! I got him drinking cows milk by putting it in a cup with two straws and both of us drinking it together, I made a game out of it and it took a while, starting with little sips, but eventually he liked it and now I have trouble getting him to drink anything but cows milk :roll:

Might be worth a try :)

lou said:
Isaac refused the growing up milk and cows milk when I stopped his formula! I got him drinking cows milk by putting it in a cup with two straws and both of us drinking it together, I made a game out of it and it took a while, starting with little sips, but eventually he liked it and now I have trouble getting him to drink anything but cows milk :roll:

Might be worth a try :)

Thats a great idea Lou! Im going to try this with Thea.

Sorry to butt in but can I just check - I'm going to start introducing cows milk when my little boy is a year and I just wondered if I have to give him full fat cows milk to start or can I give him semi-skimmed milk (we only normally use semi-skimmed milk)?

Dinski said:
Sorry to butt in but can I just check - I'm going to start introducing cows milk when my little boy is a year and I just wondered if I have to give him full fat cows milk to start or can I give him semi-skimmed milk (we only normally use semi-skimmed milk)?

No you have to give them full fat. They shouldn't have semi skimmed till they are older. Just buy seperate milk for your LO :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back