She keeps being sick after booby feed!!!

Tasha20

Reaction score
:x Over the past 3 days ( yesterday and last night was the worst) after each feed shes thrown most of it back up and then because of that shes routing for more after so im not getting a brake and my nipples are going to drop off in a minute!!!.

I feel like im going around in circles :?

I wind her half way thru she burps and all is fine, then 10 mins later its back up :roll:

Last night was horrible every hour she was feeding then just being sick, she doesnt seem distressed or unwell so I just don't know what to do.

Is this just a phase? :pray:

It sounds a little like reflux? Stanley had a touch of this but grew out of it. You can get thickened formula milk for bottle fed babies but I'm not sure what they could do for you.

Probably the only thing would be infant Gaviscon to add to EBM. That never worked for us. :?

Have a word with your HV. Hope she stops it soon! :D

hi tasha! i dont want to worry you but thats what madison had before she needed her op!

can i ask you

is it every feed?
is it projectile?
is there alot?

sorry to worry you im proberly wrong :)

how old is you lil one now?

Its not after every single feed but more often than not.
sometimes its projectile
it varys sometimes there is alot yes

Shes 2 weeks tomorow.

I thought it might be reflux aswell, ill give the HV a ring if shes still like it tomorow.

Thanks Hev :hug:

The thing is she seems happy enough, she sleeps well and doesnt have a problem with sucking, its proberly that she just a sicky baby.

Shall let you know when I know more :D

Tasha20 said:
:x Over the past 3 days ( yesterday and last night was the worst) after each feed shes thrown most of it back up and then because of that shes routing for more after so im not getting a brake and my nipples are going to drop off in a minute!!!.

I feel like im going around in circles :?

I wind her half way thru she burps and all is fine, then 10 mins later its back up :roll:

Last night was horrible every hour she was feeding then just being sick, she doesnt seem distressed or unwell so I just don't know what to do.

Is this just a phase? :pray:

tasha most likely shes had a little growth spurt (its very common at 2 weeks of age) and her eyes are too big for her belly and shes taking more than she wants and possetingthe rest.
Rachaels does it all the time! fat pigs

Was about to say the same as budge, Seren did this for a while. Used to feed for ages then throw it all up. Was most heartbreaking, both to see her sick and also to see all that breastmilk gone to waste. She stopped doing it after a while and we never had any other problems. If it is reflux you can still breastfeed if you want to. I have some links to info about it, just holler if you need them. :D

I think I was just panicking earlier, she still fills her nappies :lol: so she must be pigging out :)

Just glad that its to be expected :D

I will still talk to HV when she comes out.

Thanks ladies

they are little pigies aren't they!

rachaels just had a growth spurt and shes posseting loads more today and yesterday!
greedy little thing!

lol yes they are.

I didnt realise she would have a growth spurt so soon, awww shes going to grow up fast isnt she :(

have u noticed her feeding more often than usual lately tash? thats usually a sign of a growth spurt. i find the next one comes at around 6 weeks or so. :)

Yes yesterday especialy she was having longer feeds ( much longer than usual) and very regular, and last night she was wanting it as much and for long periods.

Today shes calmed down abit but is feeding for a long time.

:D

thats growth spurt!! Seren seemed to have a permanent one in the first 6 weeks. I think you are doing great hun :cheer: :clap:

Alfie had a spurt at 2 weeks 6 weeks then at about 3 months, hes bottle fed but for the week before he ate and ate and ate and was really sickly aswell then he spent a whole week sleeping then the week after he was sicky again but hes fine now,

Leorah often over feeds and then pukes and I also think its a waste of my milk :lol: She's definitely in th piggy club :rotfl:

:D lol you Ladies do a great job making me feel better!

Always know when I post ill get some help thank you :hug:

Well looks like the piggy club has a new member :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back