sharp pains

pashy

Reaction score
hi im about 5 weeks pregnant and i keep getting quite sharp pains really low down in my stomach, can anyone tell me if this is normal? they dont last long but they keep on happening.

how often do you get them hun? av u phoned EPU, midwife or GP? i also get little stabbing pains in lower pelvis area but only once or twice a day!! xxxxx

not sure hunny i didnt get sharp pains not til now. i would contact epau just to double check and to be on the safe side.

Hey, I kept getting really sharp pains very early on, sometimes it would make me shout out in pain, or if I stood up quick i would have to sit straight back down again! I had a scan at 7 and a half weeks and all was ok. Now I'm worried becasue I have stopped getting the pains!! I have another scan on Saturday so fingers crossed.
My doc said they were normal stretching pains and even your bones widening :shock: and as long as you didnt get any bleeding and they didnt carry on past 8 weeks (with would cause concern for an eptopic) then not to worry too much.

But if in doubt, ask your doc!

xx

I sometimes get sharp shooting pains in my lower abdomen and it just turned out to be trapped wind!!

awww thanx so much everyone, that puts my mind at rest a bit now. I had convinced myself that there was something seriously wrong after reading all symptoms of everything, i think ive really got to stop doing that! I can't get an appointment til thursday so you really have helped ease the worry til then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back