Sharp pains in abdomen

Katkin72

Reaction score
Hi, I'm starting to get a little concerned - I have been getting sharp pains on and off today in my lower abdomen on the left. It seems to get worse when I am walking around but also twinges when i am sitting :shock: I have checked and there is no bleeding. Could this still be implantation pains at 4 1/2 weeks or something more serious? I don't want to be over dramatic if this is normal but I am getting scared it may be an ectopic pregnancy :shock:

I am seeing my GP on friday morning for the 1st time since I found out I was pregnant. I will mention it to him then. I have been told I have fibroids - one inside my cervix and a couple on the outer wall (I am able to feel these). Could it be the internal one that is causing the pain?
Should I ask to have an early scan or is that highly unlikely to happen??!!

Thanks for any advice you can give me xxx

I don't have much to offer in the way of advice.

I do have a fibroid (internal) but it has never caused any compications and was not in any way related to my losses last year.

I would def mention the pain your GP but it's still early for them to offer you a scan (even if your GP does think you need one)

For the time being it's a waiting game BUT lots of women have pains that turn out to be nothing.

If it was an ectopic then the pain will get drastically worse (you would be in no doubt) and you would need to get to A&E.

xxxxxxxx

:shock: ooohhhh thanks Carnat. I'm hoping the pain doesn't get worse and this is just 'normal' discomfort! It would be fab to get an early scan to confirm baby is where it should be but I'm not holding my breath lol.

:shock: ooohhhh thanks Carnat. I'm hoping the pain doesn't get worse and this is just 'normal' discomfort! It would be fab to get an early scan to confirm baby is where it should be but I'm not holding my breath lol.

I am sure it is totally normal hun!

You probably wont get an early scan on the NHS to be honest (not unless you have severe cramping and bleeding - which of course you don't want!!)

You can always book a private scan though? After 7 weeks you'll def be able to see the HB!

xxxxxxxxxxx

A private scan is definately something to consider if I'm still in a lot of discomfort - I guess it's still too early atm though as going from when I conceived (not the 1st day of my last period) I'm only about 17days lol. I'd be amazed if you could see anything!! :) Xxx

It worth considering getting it checked out, its probably normal as Carnat says and all the time there is no bleeding then I would assume that its normal stretching of the uterus as LO snuggles in. I certainly exprienced it in the first few weeks.

Perhaps a quick chat with your Dr? xx

Thanks FirstBabyEek - feeling pretty crappy and sorry for myself this afternoon tbh :-( have got a bad headache & feeling queasy..... Need to pull myself together as I am due to visit one of my best friends shortly, she is having her 1st scan this afternoon so I will get to see the baby pictures yay.
Apart from my immediate family who I've already told, she will be my 1st friend I am going to tell about my pregnancy!! I am sooooo excited - just need to get off the settee and drive myself there now lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back