Share your experience in a documentary about the beauty of pregnancy

jdm

Reaction score
Hello everyone

My name is John Martins. I am a postgraduate student at the University of Sussex, doing my MA in Digital Documentary.

I am addressing you, with permission from the administration of this forum, because I am conducting a documentary on pregnancy.
We intend with this documentary to portray the amazing event that is pregnancy. We want to build a beautiful film that tries to do justice to the meaning of this stage in a couple's life. The film will cover the highlights of the development of pregnancy,stressing the changes that occur, life before and after delivery, the relationship between the couple and the child, and the overall magic of this event.

It is still in a very early research and planning stage. In order to go forward with the project, it's necessary for us to find a couple in the Brighton, East Sussex area who would gladly participate. It will help us build a pilot that will allow the project to be approved and to move into later stages.
Your participation would consist of one or two interviews and performing some indoor and outdoor activities related to the baby (picking out clothes or other objects, visiting the clinic, yoga and other classes, visits from friends). It won't take much more than 2 or 3 meetings of a couple of hours each.

Upon meeting, we can provide identification as students of the University of Sussex, and if you feel it is necessary we are happy to provide a letter from the University or one of our tutors to legitimize the project.

Unfortunately, we can't offer any monetary compensation for your participation, but we will make sure you won't incur any expenses in the process. Interviews (and some activities) are filmed generally at the interviewees house, but we are open to suggestions.
In the end, if you are interested, we will provide you with a copy of the resultant 10 minute pilot.

If you are interested in contributing to this project, you can drop me a line by e-mail: [email protected]
Feel free to include your telephone number (mobile or landline) and I will be happy to call to exchange more details and arrange a meeting.

Thank you very much for your time,
I hope to hear from you soon.

--
John Martins
[email protected]
MA Digital Documentary

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads