sex scan

annie4

Reaction score
just wondering - has anyone been told the sex of the baby at a scan and it has been wrong

we were told the sex- she was very shy at the 20-week scan and had her legs crossed but the sonographer looked hard and thought probably a girl- and was correct!

yeah ive known some one that was told they were having a girl, but infact they had a boy. bit of a shock for them.

Another reason I had two scans: a private one we paid for at 16 weeks (boy) and the NHS one at 20/21 weeks (confirmed boy!) so we'd know. If there had been a boy/girl verdict we'd have booked in for a 4D to make 100% sure who was right type thing.

I know my Mum was told boy with her 3rd child and went on to have my SISTER!!! but that was back in 1987 and I think things have dramatically improved since then!! I've not heard of it happening to anyone recently.

paradysso said:
yeah ive known some one that was told they were having a girl, but infact they had a boy. bit of a shock for them.

ditto. he is 4 now.

we where told 80% sure it wasa girl, but they kept going over the fact that they could never be 100% sure and not to go out buying pink.

They couldnt see the sex of my LO at my 20 week scan, so i booked a private 4d one at 26 weeks.They said 95% girl and I believe her as they had lots of time too look and there very experienced.The joys of private scans.
The nhs got stephens sex right, and they looked at 2 scans just to make sure.

Mine was NHS at 22 weeks and they told me it was a boy and so it was! :dance:

I think that if they tell you boy it's usually right because they've seen boy bits, but if they say girl it's just because they haven't seen boy bits so there's a chance it could still be a boy.

It's easier just to find out after you've given birth, then there are no mistakes :wink:

maybebaby said:
I think that if they tell you boy it's usually right because they've seen boy bits, but if they say girl it's just because they haven't seen boy bits so there's a chance it could still be a boy.

It's easier just to find out after you've given birth, then there are no mistakes :wink:

I've been told this as well. When I was in my last year at Uni (2001) I shared a house with a medic. He said that they'd been taught that the accuracy was around 70%. I've no idea if these figures are still current or not.

With my second niece, my sister was initially told that she was a boy! I think that the umbilical cord was doing a nice job of pretending to be boy bits from what I can gather. This was revised at a subsequent scan, though, so my sister didn't have to suddenly get her head round the error at birth.

When i was at the birth centre having isla there was a lady who's supposed daughter was born the same day, definatly a boy!!!! I know several people this has happened too although i was told girl and they were right.

There's no mistaking a boy on the 4D scan, as we discovered at our 29wk one with Isaac :lol:

I had private scan first (18 weeks) then NHS one confirmed it. Not heard of them getting it wrong for anyone recently

Yep,i had scans for the first two kids.
Freddie was blatantly a boy,the doctor onl needed one scan.He was showing off his boyness in the scan.
Kylie had us thinking she was a boy for two weeks until we had another scan.
Dylan i wanted to be a suprise.

yes theres no mistaking 4d scans- when i heard innervision were doing free sexing scans we went for one as LO was so shy at the nhs 20-weeks scans and we werent certain at all. there was definately no mistaking the image on the screen of her lady lips lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back