12week scan....

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by tinkerbell*, Jan 13, 2008.

1. tinkerbell*

tinkerbell* Well-Known Member

ello :)

i have my 12week scan V.soon and me and my OH really Reeeeeeeeally wanna know the sex of our bean.... i was wondering if any of you mummys went for your scan and they were able to detect the sex ........ or is it just too early ???

thank you x x x x

2. Red_Fairy

Red_Fairy Well-Known Member

to early hun. They'll let you know on you 20 week scan.

(but ive heard they can usually tell the sex by 15-16 weeks) (but you dont get a scan then unless you go private)

3. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 Well-Known Member

as rachel said, they wont be able to tell you until your 20 week anomoly scan, even then, some hospitals wont say at all x

4. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

alos may depend on your hospital as some places don't tell u the sex. My hospital doesn't so find out at your 12 week scan if they will tell u the sex at your 20 week scan

Failing that u could always go for a private one.

5. trixiehunnybun

trixiehunnybun Well-Known Member

My hospital has a notice up saying do not ask the sex of your baby unless you are over 20 weeks as can not be sure before then and that they will not wait for the baby to move to see the sex if they cant see. in that case you need a privite one. lets us know when you do find out

6. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i *hav heard of* people bein told the sex at 12-week scans *if its a boy* for obvious reasons, but most places wont at that stage and some wont even tell u at 20 weeks for legal reasons (people hav sued when its been wrong! :roll: )

7. neeko_1

neeko_1 Well-Known Member

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to ealy... even when i had a 15 week scan they still could not tell me :D

best of luck

8. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

not at the 12 week. they offered to tell us at the 20 week but we declined as wanted a surprise. it's a good excuse to book a 4d scan if they don't tell you though :D