Sex for first time after birth

DDS

Reaction score
Due to have my 6 week check, and know that i should be given the all clear for sex again, but i am feeling really scared at the prospect. I had an episiotomy, and that is what is making me most scared, that it will really hurt.

What should i expect, and anything i can do.

for us, we tried around 7 weeks, and it was horrible! really felt like i was being ripped apart. then i didnt try again untill month 3, and that time it wasnt so bad. just make sure when you try again to go slow and that your OH is aware of how you feel at all time.

it shouldnt be scary or worrying.

:hug:

i had a c-section and was very scared to do it, but my MW said i should before my 6 week check as it should be comfortable, etc and any problems i could then discuss at my appointment

I was shocked at how upset i was when it came down to it - foreplay was a bit of a no no as i kept having horrid flashbacks to the many internal examinations i had (which i ended up having to have gas & air for as they were so painful)
But once i relaxed it was ok
:?

I had an episiotomy too & I'm also feeling really scared about the whole thing. I was bleeding through my preg so I havent had any since Aug & starting to think that I might like to try again. But, so scared that I will never be back to normal. So I don't have any advice but I can totally sympathise with how you are feeling. :hug: :hug:

We first tried on Valentine's weekend....I am 11 weeks past birth.
It was fine! I was a bit tense but I knew this would make it worse!! I had a natural birth but no stitches so this may very well have made it easier.

It was really funny - our both children were going away for the night and we did it about three times over the weekend in total!! So I was sore - but not because of recently giving birth! I also had a few drinks inside me which helped me relax.

I was also conscious of my slightly bigger then normal size, down below! (if you know what I mean!) But when I asked DH after, he said that he was really surprised that it felt just as it had before I had the 2 children!

So, happy all round!

Julia xxxxx

it hurt like crazy for me i couldnt even let him put it back in a second time and was nearly in tears. but i tried it after only about 10 days :oops:

it hurt, but i think we might have been a little over eager and i wasn't prooerly warmed up (you know what i mean)l.

If you've had tear/ cut and stitches apparently it can make you a bit tighter down below.

One word ALCOHOl it'll help no end.

Sandi

We tried at 9 weeks and didnt feel any pain at all. I was expecting it to hurt. I had a second degree tear though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back