Severe hayfever, advice needed

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
I get bad hayfever most years but this year has hit extremely badly. It is probably due to the hormones but I need to take something for it. I am seeing my doctor on Friday and I am praying that she can give me something as all hayfever tablets say 'do not take if pregnant'.
Does anyone know if there is anything I can take to tide me over?

i asked the same the other day on here and have asked my midwife and she said there is nothing i can take :cry:

oh no! I was afraid of that! :cry:

I shall be letting lil madam know just what I went through while pregnant with her! :lol: All the suffering! :rotfl:

THERE IS HOPE!
I went to the pharmacist and he said that doctors don't prescribe it but you CAN TAKE PIRITON - BUT the one that CAN make you drowsy. In Boots it is £3.15 for 30 tablets which are to be taken 4-6 hours apart - though i'm just taking them as necessary!

Boots are also doing free trial pots of Hay-Max with every hayfever purchase - it's like a lip balm but you put it round your nose - it's supposed to stop the pollen irritating.

OBV with the piriton they advise you not to drive/operate heavy machinery!

BabyBee said:
THERE IS HOPE!
I went to the pharmacist and he said that doctors don't prescribe it but you CAN TAKE PIRITON - BUT the one that CAN make you drowsy. In Boots it is £3.15 for 30 tablets which are to be taken 4-6 hours apart - though i'm just taking them as necessary!

Boots are also doing free trial pots of Hay-Max with every hayfever purchase - it's like a lip balm but you put it round your nose - it's supposed to stop the pollen irritating.

OBV with the piriton they advise you not to drive/operate heavy machinery!

DITTO i was going to say the same ive taken them myself due to my allergy to animal fur when i was up home for xams 5 dogs in the house i was in pure agony, and Collier's fine :D doctors have to air on the side of caution theses days
luckly my hayfever hasnt bothered me this year :pray: Hope yours gets better soon love i know how horrible it is and sympathise compleatly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I asked at the boots pharmacy today, they said there's nothing I could take and if it gets worse to ask my gp.

I will get some piriton at boots tomorrow. As the day has went on my hayfever had gotten worse. My entire face feels like it has been punched and I am sitting here with my mouth wide open in an attempt to breathe! :x :lol:

My GP told me Piriton too as I get early hayfever (tree pollen) so I've been taking them for weeks :)

Same here went to Docs and he prescribed Piriton too! I've decided only to take it though when I'm really suffering, I used to take Cetirizine (Zirtek) every single day before becoming pg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back