Baby Monitors

Crackers

Reaction score
Hi girls,

We've been told by my lovely SIL that she is going to be buying our baby monitors! This was something that was worrying me slightly, as what with everything else there is to buy, we'd probably have to go for basic ones as the budget just wont stretch!

However, she's said she's willing to go up to £100, then obviously anything over we'll cover. Soooo generous of her!

So now I'm looking at baby monitors and have NO clue what to get! Has anyone already had experience with certain monitors and like/dislike them? Or anyone read/heard any good/bad reviews on certain monitors?

Thanks!
Crackers (22+2)

I did no research before hand :blush: but we bought the angel care monitor with sensor pad and I love it! I would definitely recommend it!

Hey MrsR

Does the Sensor pad make you worry more??, I imagine for me it probably would but asking a person with experiance is probably better :)

Nope-it made me relax more tbh. Especially when we went from co-sleeping to him being in his own room. It also has made me relax since introducing a duvet (he's 14 months old now) as I still worried about him suffocating! Silly huh!!! Saying that though we've never had a false alarm. Also you can turn the sensor bit off and just use the sound which is helpful when we went away and he slept in a travel cot. xxx

I'm considering either the tommee tippee one with sensor mat or the angelcare one with sensor mat. I think they cost between 60-80 quid. The angelcare one gets very good reviews

We have summer video monitor and the tt digital sound n movement monitor. The video monitor is great, and it gives the rooms temperature also (although always it's never accurate, but that didn't matter). The TT digital movement monitor was ok, I did do some research between TT and angel care and found they both had as many good/bad reviews as each other, so went for TT as it was on offer at about £66 at the time. It did give us a false alarm though. I was watching LO asleep on video monitor at the time and so I know he didn't move or twitch or anything and the alarm went off and honeslty I have never shit myself so much in my life, or moved so fast!! LO was absolutely fine, monitor is lucky to still be in one piece.

We didn't use from newborn, so not sure if it would've done this more than once or not. WIll be using it for this LO too, but if I can afford a different brand I will be doing that!!

Thanks for your replies ladies!

BellaRiven - 20,000 reviews sounds about right for me too :shock: ha ha! The link you posted is good though - that monitor looks fab!

Now I'm totally torn between sensor pad type monitor, and the BT one. Pretty much the same as I was before ... ha ha!

No rush just yet though, so I'll keep looking around
x

I am terrible for looking at reviews lol

OH finds something online for babe and my first question is what are the reviews like :) can't help it lol :)

We went for the Philips Avent one. It's sound only but the sound quality is excellent so I can get to her while she's still tossing and turning rather than crying. I wasn't really worried about her breathing as she was full term and really healthy so it was the perfect solution for us :)

were going for the angelcare sensor one as its been recommend by friends and hopefully will put my mind at ease as with my other to i was constantly worried they had stopped breathing when sleeping for longer periods than normal, and putting my hand by their face to feel if they are still breathing :shakehead: i think i was the one who had the least sleep all the time through worry so hopefully i will have peace at mind knowing the monitor is looking out for my baby :) xx

the tommee tippee digital sensor pad one is in asda event for £60 , i nosed thru the leaflet at my sil's! i cant wait for my bfp so i can psycho shop lol! xx

Thanks Jules! I'm hoping to pop to Asda at some point this weekend to have a look around so will def look out for the monitors!

Just had a little read up online too, they look good!

nps all the money u can save on stuff like that is good i think! esp when ur getting the same product for less! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back