• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

selling stuff

helsekia

Reaction score
Ive got some clothes n bits to sell but ive never done it before,so wanted to ask a few questions

how do you estimate the cost of p&p when selling something?
if someone pays you by paypal can you get the money paid from paypal into your account and if so how and does it cost?
could i use an ebay paypal account?i mean if i decided to put stuff on here or another site?

any help appreciated.

To get the cost of P&P I would just weigh it in whatever you're going to send it in and check the postage cost on the RM website. Remember that if you're accepting PayPal on ebay to qualify for seller protection (i.e. in case a buyer fraudulently claims that they didn't receive an item) you must send them via a method that shows proof of delivery e.g. recorded or special delivery. I suppose you have to weigh it up cost vs risk. For baby clothes I'd take the risk as buyers are more likely to buy an item that has low postage but for higher value larger items I always send via Parcelforce 48.

To transfer money from Paypal to your account is free if you have more than £50. Else it costs about 50p, maybe less, can't remember right now. Remember PP take a percentage off money you receive as a fee.

Yup you can use PayPal to let anyone pay you, all you need to give them is the email address that is your PayPal username.

Hope that helps! I'm an ebayholic :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back