Self employed??

toni64539

Reaction score
Is anyone self employed and planning on claiming maternity allowance? X

Oh good. Do you know if you have to go back to work after the 39 weeks (if your claiming the full nine months) as somebody said to me you might have to pay some back if you don't return? What do you do for work JodieD? X

Oh good. Do you know if you have to go back to work after the 39 weeks (if your claiming the full nine months) as somebody said to me you might have to pay some back if you don't return? What do you do for work JodieD? X

No you don't have to go back within a certain time and you won't need to pay anything back at all. Never heard of that.

I'm a barrister - how about you? X

Thanks for the link - saved me looking it up! I plan to work pretty much to last month and then maybe 3 - 6 months off but I HAVE to continue to work from home during this period or I wont have a business to come back to. Have you any idea how many week you can claim for? Are you allowed to work at all during this period? Sorry, I forgot what happened last pregnancy cos it was 5 years ago!

I think you get 40 weeks. Your not really supposed to work while claiming it but they won't know lol

I take it you all have been paying your class 2 nic? Otherwise you cant claim it.

Yes - I'm sure I have - I leave that to accountant to sort out - I'm crap at all that stuff!

Think u can work ten KIP days (keep in touch) over the 39 weeks. I don't want to return to work after having baby, at least not till the kids are at school. I'm a beauty therapist, shame to give up my clients but it's what I want, so as long as I can get paid for the 39 weeks, then be a lady of leisure (yeah right) I'll be happy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back