• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seeing Double???

Preparing for Multiple Pregnancies
When you are having a multiple pregnancy, it is necessary to increase your nutritional intake even more than you would with a single pregnancy. In general, you need to increase the amount of protein that you eat. Protein is the building block of every cell in your body and your babies' bodies. It will help you build a good placenta and a strong amniotic sac. A healthy diet will also help fight against infection.

As for your health care provider, you will want to find a midwife or doctor who has experience with multiple births. Youd don't want someone who will panic at every corner. While the amount of care you receive will generally be the same as a single pregnancy, you will probably see your practitioner more frequently towards the end of your pregnancy. You may also have more testing than most women during pregnancy, but not always.

Healthy Pregnancy
Here are some tips to help you have a healthy pregnancy:

Proper Nutrition: Low birth weight is one of the most common problems with a multiple birth. However, following a healthy diet can help lower your babies' risk of this complication. Thus, when eating for three or more, be sure to consume about 300 additional calories along with one additional protein serving, one additional calcium serving and one additional whole grains serving.
Extra Care: Expert medical monitoring can help reduce many of the risks associated with multiple pregnancies. By adhering to your appointment schedule — which will be more frequent — you can ensure that you are getting the best care possible.
Increased Weight Gain: Due to the extra baby and the extra baby by-products, your practitioner will most likely advise a carefully monitored weight gain of at least 35 to 45 pounds.
Proper Rest: Since your body will be working twice as hard, it will need twice as much rest. Ensure that you take regular breaks from your daily actvities. Getting at least eight hours of sleep will also ensure that your body is properly rested. Yor doctor may prescribe taking an early leave from work, getting help with the housework and even bed rest at home.

How is it sinking in now hun? What a fab bump you're going to have :cheer:
I was at a baby warehouse yesterday looking at twin buggies, have you had a look? There are some fab ones :hug: :hug:

Snuggle said:
How is it sinking in now hun? What a fab bump you're going to have :cheer:
I was at a baby warehouse yesterday looking at twin buggies, have you had a look? There are some fab ones :hug: :hug:

It's starting to sink in now. My appetite has gone through the roof, I'm eating every 3 hours but can't eat big meals and my mind is in overdrive about how we'll cope!

Hols thanks for all that info! I've not been eating too healthily to be honest so I am going to start trying to get that extra portion of protein, calcium and wholegrain every day. Want to give these little monkeys the best start I can and that's getting them nice and big before they're born. My hubby's made me up a big tub of pasta today so that I can snack on something healthy instead of rubbish...

see how excited we all are for you hun this is fab xx

rusks said:
see how excited we all are for you hun this is fab xx

Aw thanks. It is fab just a bit scary. Want my 12 week scan out of the way so I can tell people and start shopping for twin buggies etc. I'm scared to do it yet.

I'm trying to think of name combos that go together now. I'd love twin girls and like Isabelle and Kitty, do they go well together?

Boys names are hard especially in twos!

oh WOW just saw your ticker on another post CONGRATS hun!!!
cheri x

OMG... I've only just seen this :cheer: CONGRATULATIONS :cheer: a friend of mine has 5 month old twins and she is loving ever minute of it. She said you just have to be very organised!!

One of my friends has twin boys (who are GORGEOUS by the way) and her mantra which has helped her manage with them (her husband is away a lot) is routine, routine, routine - so that they know how things work consistently and they understand they can't have her attention every minute of the day!

Name combo suggestions:

Ant & Dec
Katie & Peter (or Katie and Petra)
Benson & Hedges
Lea & Perrins
Posh & Bex (particularly like Bex....)
Mulder & Sculley

The possibilities are endless!!!!!

That's amazing news! DH is an identical twin thank goodness they are freaks of nature not hereditary! What a wonderful blessing. You get to have an instant family in one hit! :cheer: :cheer:

babyblonde said:
One of my friends has twin boys (who are GORGEOUS by the way) and her mantra which has helped her manage with them (her husband is away a lot) is routine, routine, routine - so that they know how things work consistently and they understand they can't have her attention every minute of the day!

Name combo suggestions:

Ant & Dec
Katie & Peter (or Katie and Petra)
Benson & Hedges
Lea & Perrins
Posh & Bex (particularly like Bex....)
Mulder & Sculley

The possibilities are endless!!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Keep em coming I might put them forward to my hubby!

Great names Babyblonde.

Here's a few more...

Thelma and Louise
Kylie and Jason
Fred and Ginger
Pinky and Perky

Hey Benson is actually a good name! (not sure on Hedges :think: )

Bill and Ben
Ben and Gerry
Tom and Jerry
Maisy and Daisy
Minnie and Micky!

Do you know what, you guys have made me forget all my woes! This is a great thing, think of the fun I can have naming the little monkeys. I'm putting these forward to my hubby...

HollyHobby said:
Ben and Gerry

It's all about the ice cream!

meandthebump said:
Kylie and Jason

I'm the biggest Jason fan ever (so so so sad)

babyblonde said:
Ant & Dec

Ant's my favourite!

I KNOW someone with twins called Ant and Dec :lol:

I'm with you E on Kylie and Jason, and I'd wrestle you for the superfan crown :wink:

My suggestion is Douglas and Donald, will mean nothing to most of you, but have a little boy who likes engines and the names of Thomas' twin friends will be on your mind forever. Grrrrrrr. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back