seafood

mum&2girls

Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone could help me are we allowed to eat prawns and seafood sticks as i really like them and what fish are we allowed be glad of some answers :D :D

You can eat prawns HOT in a meal but I'd avoid them cold, same with crabsticks.
You are advised to only eat tuna ONCE A WEEK
Avoid Swordfish as its high in mercury.
I have been eating smoked salmon but probably shouldn't. :oops:

Hope this helps :D

thats the one thing im going to miss when i catch,fresh trout on rye with philadelphia :x mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have eaten lots of prawns, seafood sticks and smoked salmon! it depends what lists you look at whether you are allowed to eat them. It is because they are high risk for food poisoning so I figure if you are careful about eating them they are fine. :D

have read you can't eat shark either not that know anyone who does.

You can have any seafood as long as it's cooked (so no oysters :cry: ). I love sushi and found a place that sells cooked sushi :dance: You shouldn't eat smoked salmon either, it's raw. Should have only 1-2 fesh tuna steaks or salmon a week or up to 4 cans of tuna/salmon.

Hi, I was a scuba instructor until 4 weeks ago when i got the positive result. (8 Wks preg now) As you can imagine freshly caught seafood was part of the diet, now however it is restricted. All shell food holds a risk anyway, so i have chosen to not take any.Did you know that certain times of year we could not eat the scallops? As for tuna.. i heard from the family planning clinic that should be on the do not eat list too now..(high mercury levels).. Most of the smoked and cooked fish you buy from the fishmonger is fine and even healthy for us. hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back