Scary visit to delivery suite! (sorry its a long one)

Teej

Reaction score
Had a bit of a scare yesterday...was at work in A&E and a cardiac arrest came in to us first thing in the morning, forgetting the old bump i jumped in the do some chest compressions (its tiring so we take turns). About an hour later started feeling quite unwell sick and faint with some odd crampy pains in my bump :( Called maternity ward for some advice and they said just pop up and we'll have a listen (fair enough, quick visit and back to work, so i thought!) Next thing i know am on a bed in my uniform strapped up to the CTG monitor (felt such an idiot) with a woman being induced behind a curtain beside me and one bouncing on her ball in labour opposite! All turned out fine but they told me to rest for a few days and not do my nightshifts tonight, monday and tuesday. Thing is, feel much better today and am just feeling so guilty about not going to work :? am on the verge of calling and just saying i will come in and torn between that feeling and wanting to do the best by my little boy. Aaarrgghh what should i do?

have a rest hun.. im sure work can cope with a couple nyts off... make sure u get sum rest though ur bubbys very important :hug:

They know best so if they say rest then rest!!!!!! u dont want it happening again!!!!

Id love to work in A&E!!!!

Take their advice hun. If you told someone to rest up, you would want them to.

Hope you feel ok now :hug:

You might feel guilty about not working but you'd feel far more guilty if something happened to your LO because you didn't rest. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take the time off they have adviced hunny
you need to rest for you and the babies sake.
dont feel to gulity your priority is your little bubba.
lol sarah :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back