scary night

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

I was giving Kiara a bathinthis bath seat
Kiara006.jpg

And i always always stay in teh bathroom with her cuz im paranoid,
anyways i had just sat down on the tiolet to take a quick pee when all of a sudden i heard a load splash i looked over and the bathseat toppled over and there was Kiara toppled over underwater eyes wide open trying to get up, i quickly rushed over and picked her up out of the water and she was gasping for air and was so shakin up but didnt cry i was screaming for Bernie to comeup the stairs as he hashis first aid and handed him to her.... thank god she spat up a bunch of water and is fine.

I cannot imagine if i was a parent who had left her for aminute while in another room, she wouldnt be here right now, i thank god that i always stay with her now.
It was such a scary experience both Bernie and i were shaken upallnight and i still cant sleep
Then instead of putting her in her crib to sleepi let her cuddle with me on the couch then put her down when she fell asleep.
Things like this make me realize how much i love her wouldnt know what to do if she wasnt here

Sorry for going on and on it just scared the crapout of me.

anyone know if these bath seats are stillbeing sold?

thanks
Katrina xxx

Yea i think they are hun cos thats the same one sophie had, just last year. U poor thing bet u got such a fright its horrible when something like that happens it really scares u.

Hope ur feeling ok hun :rotfl:

The pic is lovely

awww hun that must have been so scary for u
sending u loads of hugs hun

mine is simluar to that but it has 4 big suckers on the bottom that stick to the bath.

hope you are both ok now

xxx

Hi

Layla mine has the 4 suckers too, but came loose so im not going ot use it nomore, prob buy a new one or but a slip proof matt?
Kiara just woke up about half hour ago and fell asleep in my lap finally put her back down she doenst seem to be in much of a deep sleep tonight
Katrina

Katrina, I am so sorry that happened :( Glad to here Kiara is ok now.

I was under the assumption that along with walkers, bath seats were banned in Canada? I went to Winners and saw one and was going to buy it a few weeks ago but didn't as I got worried that something may happen, I think the bath seats are a risk maybe too far but that is just my opinion.

Glad she is ok hun, must have been a scary experience for you :( :hug:

Hi

Thanks girls so how do you all bath your babies? shes too big for the baby bath??
Katrina

Poor you :( I would complain to the company that sells them. It can't be right that the seats can topple over. Some people may leave their baby for a few seconds thinking that everything would be ok as they are sitting in a seat & for the same thing to happen. Unimaginable.

Hi

i know thats what i thought imagine if i had walked out of the bathroom.
Sarah i might just do that, thinking i might get Bernie to be the designated bather so they can bond more
Katrina

You poor thing! Sounds terrifying :hug: Hope you're feeling better today :)

Ella just sits in the bath now, but we have to be with her all the time. If I went for a wee I could still reach her as our bathroom is that cramped!

Blimey - what a fright!! Oscar sits up on his own, but I have wondered whether I should buy one of those things. Oscar just wants to stand up all the time - won't bend his legs!!! :shock:
Think I'll leave it now....

Hope you're ok! Hugs for you :hug:

Emilia xx

I bath Ella in a couple of inches of water, sit her up and lay her flat in it to wash her hair!

gLAD SHE IS ok must have bee so scary 4u!

I was considering getting one of these because bathtime just isn;t enjoyable in my house anymore.
All Brody wants to do is stand up, grab the taps, pull out the plug etc. His bath lasts about 2 mins now cos I'm scared of him slipping over.
I was gonna get him one to keep him still. Now I'm not so sure it's a good idea.

Hope you're all OK now :)

aw hun glad she's ok but how scary!

Alex just lays in the bath in a few inches of water. he is more then happy to thrash all arms and legs about creating as much splashing as possible (this starts in his back then he rolls to his front to continue).

he is now also trying to crawl in the bath and regularly slips and sticks his face in the water (does it so much he thinks its funny now!) think i have a fearless child on my hands :?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was going to get one but thinki I might get a slip free mat. She did have one where she was lying down but is tioo big and just wants to sit up all the time.

Oh hun, poor you. It must have been awful for you all.
Charlie has one of them seats, and she loves it, ill be ultra careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back