Scars on the face...advice?

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

Mel is 2 today but at his party yesterday he tripped and gashed his head on a small table corner (it wasn't our table- it was a joint party with one of his friends so it was round her house) and we had to get it glued together at A&E poor little mite. I am very shaken by it all and very upset about his pretty little face being scarred as the nurses said it would leave a scar. It's actually quite a straight cut, the blob is where there's some dried blood which they told us to leave. They said to massage it with some cold cream like nivea when the scab was gone- anyone know any other advice? My mum says lanolin so I wondered about lansinoh? I'm hoping that as he grows his eyebrows will cover most of it, just hope the eyebrow hairs don't grow in funny directions as I had surgery on the top of my eyebrow when I was 2 and mine are a bit strange there.

2ndbirthday11.jpg

apologies for the half eaten biscuit in this one:-
2ndbirthday12.jpg

I couldn't sleep last night as I kept seeing it happen in slow motion :(
Thanks!
+++

aww bless him firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY
second
bray smashed his head on some of my drawers we ended up having it glued etc to, its now all scabbed over and u cant really see it at all i just tried to moisterise it as much as he would allow me to

Bio oil is fab for scars - not sure if it is okay to use on little ones - though I can't see why not - pharmatist could advise you on it............

Poor little Bray, glad to hear it has healed ok. OMG I kept it together while we were at hospital but as soon as he was home and in his bed we both crumbled at what could have happened- it so narrowly missed his eye :shock:

I'm wincing every time he falls over now which is a lot as he charges everywhere, sometimes jumping instead of running so there's no stopping him. I guess that fades...? I really want to put him in a crash helmet right now!

+++

Bless him! I don't have any advice - just wanted to give you a big :hug: .

Valentine Xxx

poor little man, im sure it will heal fine - little people skin doesnt scar as bad so he should be fine! :hug:

I know what u mean about the crash helmet tho :roll:

I was advised by my sister to rub Aloe Vera gel into my skin after knee surgery. The resulting scars and barely noticeable, I don't know whether it really made a difference (to know that I would have had to not rub it into one of the scars) however I think it probably did help.

Thanks guys. It breaks my heart seeing the scab all horrid though we are v lucky that it wasn't a lot worse. Still wincing when he throws himself about!

+++

Hi,

My daughter had a fall and landed on a tin of telly tubby spaghetti at about the same age as your son. You can barely see it now 3 1/2 years on and would only be able to see if you were looking for it.

HTH

Aww hun, it will barely be noticeable when he is a little older, if you just keep moisturising - in any case, nothing could ruin such a GORGEOUS face, what a looker!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

i was terrible after bray did his, slightly higher tho, and then about a week later he tried to go it AGAIN i felt soooo terrible
and like the doc said to me wen bray did his first if it dont heal perfectally imagine how he would love explaining his wound at skool :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back