scared something will go wrong

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
I recently found out i'm 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I don't know if it's because I've never been through this before but i'm terrified something will go wrong with the baby! It's on my mind all the time and I can't seem to relax I just want to enjoy the pregnancy and not worry but I can't. I don't know if it's my hormones or if all first time expectant mothers have the same worries. Everything I do I worry that it will harm the baby. I'm taking folic acid, I drink lots of water and fruit juices so i'm sure i'm doing everything right so is it natural for me to worry like this and do you have any advice for me?

babe you are bound to worry and a you get further on you'll worry more and when baby finally arrives you'll worry more and more and more, im afraid hun it comes with the territory. however try to relax if you can and wait till ur 12week scan that will help alot hun if you need to talk pm me hun dont worry what your feeling is natural :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think we are all exactly the same ............. I don't think there is a stage of the pregnancy that I haven't worried .... and I am not a usual worrier, I usually take whatever life hands out and just get on wtih it..........

but since I have been pregnant there isn't a day gone by when I havent worried about my baby and all the 'what ifs'......

now I just can't wait to hold my baby in my arms and know that all is well.

It sounds like you are doing everything right and looking after yourself as you should be....

try to relax and enjoy the baby ..... you will love it once it starts to move around... it is so cool and very reassurring that all is well.

Worse thing is, I reckon once the baby is born we will find another load of things to sorry about - I think it is just the start of being a good parent

Thank you for your advice it really helped. At least I know that it is natural to worry and Fiona it has really pleased me that you think this is the start of being a good parent. i'm more confident that I will be a good mother.
I have had no sign that anything is wrong with the baby and I will try not to worry as much. I can't help it but I will feel alot better after my first scan.

I think this is natural the way you are feeling. The first trimester is the worst as this is the riskiest time. Plus you may be feeling pants as well due to morning sickness.

I had bleeding in the first tri as well, so it was a really difficult time. But once I got through the first tri and announced my pregnancy to everybody and started to feel "normal" again, I really relaxed and enjoyed my pregnancy.

So much so, I'm really missing being pregnant now.

I hope you start to relax soon and enjoy it.

I was convinced I was going to miscarry when I found out I was four weeks pregnant and then I started bleeding (brown blood) and thought my fears had come true. I had a scan at 8 weeks and they said the baby was fine but to be honest I worried up until I had him. It is natural to worry but try not to stress yourself out because it is not good for you or the baby. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Hi Vicky - congratulations!!

I found like like you very early on that I was pregnant - four weeks to be exact.

The general rule of thumb is that when you get to 12 weeks any risk of miscarriage, etc drops dramatically.

But like you, finding out so early 12 weeks seems a total age away!

Just try to relax, my midwife said "a good egg will stick" and before you know it you'll be seeing your baby for the first time on that scanning monitor.

It's horrible though when you think every little twitch and twinge is something going wrong, but try to enjoy it if you can!!!

I found out at 4 weeks as well. We were trying and I was 1 day late (unheard of for me) and the pregnancy test was positive. Anyway one advantage of knowing so early means you can make sure you don't eat things you are not supposed to, or drink too much alcohol. I had to change my order for the work christmas lunch (I had ordered pate) which of course made all the women at work suspicous and set the rumour mills going!!! Congratulations and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back