• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scan date

klee1988

Reaction score
How do you go about getting your dating scan???
I went to the docs when I found out I was pregnant and they confirmed it, took some urine to be sent away to be tested and also give me a midwife appointment at their surgery (25th Sept). I did not receive a dating scan date however :think:
Will I get one at the midwife appointment....it seems ages away!! :( and my OH would like to book of work in advance!

My doc sent off for mine and I got my mw appointment thru at the same time :think:

:? :cry: I am so confused now...may phone them up in the morning!

I saw my doctor last night who made me an appointment with a female doctor on the 18th. I'm guessing she will then refer me to a midwife... (I hope so because the female doctor at my surgery is a bitch!). Hope so anyway. I'm only 5 weeks- I want to be 12 weeks like all you lot! x

I saw the midwife who took lots of details then sent off for the scan date.

Time does seem to drag doesn't it...?

How soon do you get the scan date after the appointment? They do it so many ways throughout the UK!I think I may be told at the midwife appointment...I will already be 10 weeks and 3 days by then so hopefully don't have to wait too long for the scan!

I had my booking in appointment with midwife then she sent off for my scan. Got the date a few days later in the post.

Was the date far away??Oh and did she check for a heartbeat?I have always wondered that...

i get my scan date threw before i see my midwife which is stupid because you should have your mw notes really when you go to the scan
manda xx

Mine was the same - saw midwife around 8 weeks and she sent off the form. Got the date in the post a week or so later for my 12 week mark.

Hmmm... :think:

I got a telephone call to tell me my dates - both the booking appt and the scan...
We've a 6 week wait for scans though so I guess they've got to be pretty prepared.

I would call them just to clarify a few things if your unsure cause it seems to be different for everywhere!

I was phoned by my doctors surgery a few days after I initially saw the doctor, to give me my scan date (25th sep).
My scan is at the clinic though, I think it would be done differently if I were having it done at the hospital (I think any subsequant scans will be done there)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back