Saying goodbye to our baby on Wednesday

WishingHoping

Reaction score
Today I am 5weeks & 1 day pregnant; I bled yesterday.

I had my assessment today at the Early Pregnancy Unit today where we were told it is an ectopic pregnancy.

Our world literally broke. My heart is hurting. In such a short time since finding out we have grown to love this baby so much & now its been taken away from us.

Hormone levels are very high & will need to have keyhole surgery under General Anesthetic on Wednesday for removal of the baby & the left fallopian tube.

I feel so numb knowing my precious baby is alive inside me right now but I cant do anything to save it... I am its Mummy & I am meant to love & protect it. I feel so sad & angry.

How do I deal with this hurt?

:cry:

I can't begin to understand how you must be thinking. My heart goes out to you. You will be in my thoughts xxx

I'm so sorry to read this, my heart breaks for you :-( I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. Thinking of you x x

Sorry for your loss, i went for a private scan in Nov when i should have been 9 weeks and baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. It is heartbreaking and there are no worsds anyone can say that really make u happier. I had number of scans & bloods (due to having private scan and then having to go via my gp for nhs treatment) and eventually miscarried with medical mgt on 7th dec after overnight hospital stay. It wasnt nice but surgery wasnt for me.
I think u have to realise that it makes u a stronger person and couple and just believe it will happen again when the time is right for u.
Me and oh wanted to try again asap and after having my first af 12th jan i am now approaching my fertile time and hoping to catch first time (we caught 2nd cycle before) but i still feel stressed and worried about the whole thing.
I still think about how if i hadnt had mc i would be 18+2 today!
It wouldnt be normal if u werent devastated but time will make it easier.
Sorry u are having to have tube removed tho i am sure that doesnt affect anything fertility wise.
Thinking of u xx

Last edited:
I hope I can take the tablet & let it pass naturally but apparently surgery may been the only way as im nearly 6weeks

Very scared xx

I preferred to 'deal' with it by allowing it to pass naturally but its not for everyone.
I suppose it depends whether u have to have tube removed does it, if not will u have choice for medical mgt? X

Do sorry to hear you're going through this. My sil went through exactly the same thig and had her tube removed too. She feel pregnant again 3months after surgery and her baby is now 9months old.

Be kind to yourself, there is nothing you could have or could do to prevent this (not that that makes it easier) take care xx

I am so sorry Wishing Hoping, I hope you can take the medicine and avoid the operation, big hugs - lean on your family friends xxLouise

Because the baby is still alive and growing the tablet may not be affective & my tube will be damaged making it more likely to happen again so removal is the way they want to go.

I can't stop crying. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back