• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sam's full of cold

Emma58

Reaction score
He started last night with a really bad cold he has hardly slept :doh: mainly because he is so bunged up he can't breathe properly. I put some Olbas Oil on a tissue next to his cot which seemed to help a little.
I have some vapour rub but it's not for use under 5 years old. I gave him Calpol because he was really hot. He's got a terrible cough too :(

What else can I do for him?

He also doesn't want to feed because he is so bunged up he can't manage his bottles properly.

:hug: :hug: :hug: to sam

connor's cough has flared back up - miserable for them isn't it :( i've just been giving him calpol and cuddles...

hope sam feels better soon hon xx

Aww poor bub's with cold it's horrible I really feel like i should do more for him than Calpol and Cuddles :( but that's all we can do isn't it.

i think so hon.

you could try putting sam in a steamy bathroom with olbas oil if he's very congested? unfortunately our bathroom has an extractor fan that won't turn off so i can't do that, lol.

Thats a great idea, we have no extractor fan in our bathroom will give that a try later before he goes to bed :D

Bethany has a had a cold for a week now, its awful especially at night because like you said she cant breathe properly, we just have some snuffle rub which is from 3months and a vaporiser on in the bedroom, and i've been giving her calpol and cuddles, went to the phamarcy yesterday as someone had recommened medised but pharmacist said new research suggests they dont have it until 2 years of age, so guess its a case of cuddling it away. Hope sams better soon

aww hugs to the pooorly babbas! :hug: :hug: and their mummies :hug: :hug:

James has got a NASTY cold, he is so bunged up and sneezing and coughing non stop. HIs nose is streaming so bad I had to put vaseline on it to stop it getting sore from all the wiping. I got one of those Karvol Plug in thingymajigs to vapourise the room which seems to be helping and at night I squirt Nasosal nose drops in his little nokey to unblock it. He doesnt like it too much but it definately helps him :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back