• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sainsbury’s pregnancy test? False positive?

Lolamay

Reaction score
Hi there
Sorry in advance for the long post but I just need some advice.
I have 2 beautiful children currently trying for a 3rd. I got my first smiley face using the clear blue ovulation sticks on the 19th of November and was so excited so we tried around that time.
I was very impatient and kept doing tests even after 7 DPO (I know I know ) all come up negative but I wasn’t too worried as I know i being a bit too keen.
Then on the 2nd of December I took a Sainsbury’s pregnancy test as my boobs were sore, cramping, very tired and lower back pain...and it came up positive after 2 minutes, it was very faint but it was definitely there even my partner agreed it was a positive! So I stupidly downloaded the pregnancy apps, I had my vitamins ready etc. Then today I just thought I would do another one to check, so I got the clear blue digital (how many weeks one) and it came up with ‘not pregnant’, so then I drove like a mad woman to boots, bought a first response one and a boots own one...both negative too. I did test in the afternoon but I tested the Sainsbury’s one in the evening so I didn’t really think about the HCG levels being too low!

I have read bad reviews about Sainsbury’s ones but mainly when women are leaving them past the 5 minute mark and seeing the line appear over time, but this came up well within the 5 minute mark :(
I have spent the day crying my eyes out feeling so bloody stupid for planning this baby, planning on how to tell my other two children, thinking my Nan (who passed away on that day) had helped me fall pregnant in some way and I feel so sad that I just don’t know what to do or feel? Could I be pregnant and the other tests haven’t picked it up? Shall I wait? I am due on in 3 days but I know that’s going to drag. I just wanted to know if anyone had been in a similar Situation. I realise how amazingly lucky I am to already have two beautiful children I just have been praying for this one for so long and I feel silly for feeling this heartbroken about it all. Any advice would be lovely xxx
Ps to anyone who has had a false positive from Sainsbury’s I am truly sorry because this is just awful

I'm so sorry. Your not out yet though so fingers crossed!

Those sainsbury's tests should be banned in my opinion, I've gotten clear blue lines on them when I havent even ovulated. Almost on every single one I've used. The other brands that use a blue cross are just as bad too. Their awful for evaps.

Good luck xx

Those sainsbury's tests should be banned in my opinion, I've gotten clear blue lines on them when I havent even ovulated. Almost on every single one I've used. The other brands that use a blue cross are just as bad too. Their awful for evaps.

Good luck xx

thank you so much, i really appreciate the reply, I just feel totally confused. I never knew blue tests could do that, I’ve heard of false positives but I know they are rare so I really took this as this is it!!
I’m so sorry it’s happened to you too your right they should be banned because yes it’s crap for me but I feel ever worst for the people who have been trying for years and years and the thought of this happening to someone like that makes me so angry, if they got their hopes up and this happened, this makes my heart break.
According to my Flo app I am due on today so we will see
Thanks again for your reply lovely xxx

Good luck xx

I have attached a pic and made it darker as it is very faint but I can clearly see a wide cross smack bang in the middle. Just so frustrating :(

8CF60FBA-D1EB-4243-B6B0-38E75C5E4194.png

thank you so much, i really appreciate the reply, I just feel totally confused. I never knew blue tests could do that, I’ve heard of false positives but I know they are rare so I really took this as this is it!!
I’m so sorry it’s happened to you too your right they should be banned because yes it’s crap for me but I feel ever worst for the people who have been trying for years and years and the thought of this happening to someone like that makes me so angry, if they got their hopes up and this happened, this makes my heart break.
According to my Flo app I am due on today so we will see
Thanks again for your reply lovely xxx

I was one of those who tried for years and years. It took us 7 years to conceive DS1 and them sainsbury's esta were horrible. I only ever bought a few packs but quickly realised that they were rubbish and give you false hope ccx

Good luck xx

ive just come on this morning :( thanks for your reply again darling fingers crossed for next time xxx

Last edited:
I was one of those who tried for years and years. It took us 7 years to conceive DS1 and them sainsbury's esta were horrible. I only ever bought a few packs but quickly realised that they were rubbish and give you false hope ccx

i am so sorry to hear this, this has made me so angry for you. I can’t even imagine how you must of felt :( they should be banned they really should. I have just come on my period so maybe better luck next time. Stupid things
Congratulations on your baby ❤️ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back