• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Routines!!!!!!

Steelers fan

Reaction score
Oliver has never really had a routine for anything as much as I tried!! My friend lent me a book the baby whisperer which I have read and found a great help. Oliver now sticks to the routine suggested all day but will he sleep at night!!!!!!!!! :cry: The book says sleep encourages sleep..before he hardly slept during the day ..now he has at least 2 x 2 hour naps and a hour one at 5ish..bang on the book!!! Night he goes down at 7 wakes at 11,1,3,5 at 5 we have started putting him in with us just because we are so knackered!! (The book says this is accidental parenting!!!and very bad!!quick fix measure!!!! BUT we need sleep!!!) Anyone have any suggestions? In the night he doesnt even want his bottle just dummy, cuddle and MR Duck back!! He has 2 lots of rusk during the day so i am sure he is not hungry.......helpppppppppppppppp

I cant help, I am up the same times as you!! I feed oliver, (hey both olivers!!) when he wakes but not sure if he needs it. I am starting to worry i am spoiling him by feeding him when he wakes!but he seems hungry. he is 9 weeks old.

jadie

Hi hun when colby was born she turned day into night what i done was after each feed keept her awake for a full 45 mins (she would be ratty and grumpy cos she was tired) just played and annoyed her :twisted:
then i would put herdown for 1 hour only (this is during the day btw)
then i would go into the room and bang about to wake her up as if i just lifted her she would scream and cry for ages after it.

I would do this through outthe day. Come 6pm (she would have a bottle around now) shes awake and i dont let her sleep, she gtes a bath or top and tail her bottle and put on her play mat while we have dinner (while she crys as she hates being on her back, but it keeps her awake).
After dinner OH picks her up and sits at the pc with her and puts rally racing on as she seems to love it with the noises and the colours and stuff, while i wash up and put adele to bed.

10pm she has her last bottle but never tales it all (i make 6oz as most of the time she will take 5 and a bit) but at her 10pm feed im lucky if i can get her to take 3oz.

shes put into her bed no laterthan 10.30 and thats her rightthrough till 7.30 am but shes getting lazy now thismorning she never got up till 9 (im not complaining but i do think shes comming down with a slight cough)

Hope this helps as i knopw what its like to get no sleep.

Let me know how it goes hun
take care
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya hun

I have read the Baby Whisperer book too and 'encouraged' my son to sleep through the night by using her Pick up Put down method. It takes a lot of patience and support from other half but it only took 3-4 days to stop the feed in the night and you arnt leaving them to cry it out - you are there supporting them thro resettling themselves.

Also read the section on 'props' and how to get baby off them. I let him have a dummy at first to help him get to sleep but then he became so dependant on it to go to sleep he was waking ever 20 mins or so when the dummy fell out that I had to 'wean' him off it. Since then we havent looked back as far as night time sleeping is concerned. (I am struggling to get him to have decent naps in the day tho! lol)

There has been other links like this but not sure where they are - have a mooch as I know this is a common thing most of us experience.

Hope this helps :)

XXX

Last edited:
Thanks guys we are sticking at it but he is just not having it and therefore we are not having any sleep!!! I guess we just have to keep going stick with the routine and hope it will work in the end!!! Thanks for the support xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back