• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Room temp

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
The nursery room temperature last night got as low as 21.5 according to the thing we have in there. Our LO had a body suit on and a sheet to start with (while the temp was more like 23 - 22) and then I added a blanket at around 3am when it had dropped below 22. Does this sound appropiate. She keeps getting quite cold hands - but she doesn't like them under the sheet etc. She also keeps kicking the sheets etc off her, I am wondering if the reason she woke so much last night was due to getting too cold. I was given a Dreampod - 2.5 tog, which I am thinking of trying tonight. However on the back of that it says the ideal room temp is between 18 and 20 degrees. That sounds bit cold to me and does that mean that the 2.5tog will be too hot for her?

Hiya Reece was always in a 2.5 tog from birth. Even though it was summer when he was born our house has always been quite cold. Usually around 22. I was panicky about overheating at first so he only wore a vest and a grobag but after a few weeks he would have a vest, a sleepsuit, a growbag and a blanket on too. When he got a bit older I stopped putting a vest on but put 2 blankets on instead.

Every baby is different I think. You should try her with the 2.5 for a night and keep checking see if she looks too hot if not leave her in it and she will gave a cosy nights sleep.

Thanks for that. I meant to say sleep suit earlier. SoI will try sleep suit and grobag tonight.

I would follow the guidelines regarding room temperature being 18-20C. They say that for a reason. Better for baby to be a bit on the cool side than too hot, with the risks associated with overheating.

Or maybe I just worry too much, I've always been obsessed with making sure my LO didn't overheat.

We haven't had the heating on at all and to be honest the room feels slightly chilly to me so I don't want to open the window at night.

Hi

I dont kow anything about these but i know more poeple stress about keeping there babies warm and somtimes can be too much my friends sister always kept the babies heat on and instead of being warm shed be sweating she was so worried of letting her get cold but instead over heated her. I know you dont turn the heat on though. do whichever you think will suit her.
Katrina

I think it's FREEZING below 20! And if I leave Damien with his blanket and a long sleaved vest on with no bottoms, his legs are so cold when he gets up. I keep our room about 23/23 and he sleeps in his jim jams, a vest and a cellular blanket doubled over (though doesn't stay under it much). I don't think room temperature is that big an issue unless it's really hot or reallly cold. I'd say the best temperature is between 20 and 24, but maybe I'm just a cold blooded creature :lol:

I can't believe they recommend a room temp of 16, that seems really cold to me! At the moment Ella's room is about 22 and she's in a long sleeve top and 2.5 tog. In the winter her room goes down to about 19 and I'll put her in a vest, sleepsuit and 2.5 tog.

i cant get the nursery to go under 24 its so hot in that room...its either on 24 with the window open or without its at the top of the thermometer on 37+ :shock: hopefully it will cool down for winter

I think it's cold too. I have been putting Jacob in a long sleeved sleep suit and his 2.5 tog gro bag when it gets colder I will also add a vest too. Jacob seems to have cold hands too but he doesn't like scratch mittens on at all. I asked the h/v and she said that as long as his tummy is warm he is fine, don't worry about his hands and legs, I still do though!

Xxx

Thanks - I am glad I am not alone in thinking the recommended temps seem rather low.

I put Elena in the sleep pod the last couple of nights. The first night she slept from 11:30 through to 5:05 (a record). Then last night she slept through from 11:30 through to 7am!!!! We are SO pleased. I am sure we will still end up having to give a few feeds during the night but this is the first time she has dropped it. I think she must be more comfortable with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back