• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

rhys got bitten at nursery..

Terrie

Reaction score
and im not impressed with hoe the nursery handled it at all:trouble:

firstly i have to explain that for the past couple of months the nursery has been understaffed (not legally but compared to what they used to be) and they now have all 1yr+ in one room together when they used to have different rooms for different ages.

since they cut the staff rhys and ffion have been doing less craft/art things, and less circle time and more tv time and music time. every time i go in just lately the tv is on and theyre all sat watching it... i know its ok in moderation when its balenced with other activities but ffions report (daily) has far less things on it than it used to.

more things have started to happen like ffion keeps coming home in different clothes because shed been 'playing in the toilet' :shock: 6 times this has happened now. and once or twice they 'forgot' to give ffion her afternoon bottle. also a few times ive been to collect them and theyve quickly said 'oh let me change her bum before you take her' which leaves me feeling like she probably has a full nappy. rhys has also been coming home with dirty underpants (poo) like he hasnt had help wiping his bum. and he also had a scratch on his face last week that they couldnt explain.

anyway.. to the biting..

picked the kids up today, staff said theyd both been fine. got outside and rhys lifted him his sleeve and said 'owie' so i looked and theres a bright red,deep bite mark. so i turn straight around and go back inside. i asked the member of staff about it and all she said was 'oh yes i have an accident form for you to sign. i dont know what happened i wasnt in the room at the time' :shock: so i asked her who was in the room and she went off to speak to the other members of staff, she came back and just said that he'd been bitten by one of the younger boys. no explination of why,what happened or anything. the member of staff then handed me the form to sign,i signed it and she walked off!

i absolutely loved this nursery up until i few months ago, i would recommend it to anybody, lovely caring staff,lots of activities done with the kids,homemade food, daily reports. i was so pleased to be sending my kids there.

but now i just feel like non of the staff want to be there, theyve made too many cuts with staff and not doing activities.. i just dont know what to do and im at the end of my tether with them to be honest.

Sorry, but I would never expect a TV to be on in a nursery or child minders:shock: Maybe that's just me?

As for Ffion coming home in changed clothes....maybe her nappy is soaking through as they aren't changing her and they are using it as an excuse? She'd have to have a fair reach to get into a toilet!

I cannot believe how much it's changed. I would seriously think about pulling them out of there hun :hug: Hope Rhys is ok

they have those mini toilets there (toddler size ones) so she could reach into them but now im thinking about the nappy thing that could be that too..

they only used to have the tv on for the school kids in the morning before taking them to school and id never seen it on ffions report form before a couple of months ago (actually before they merged the rooms because ffions room she was in doesnt have a tv in)

im looking around now for other nurseries but to be honest i think our nursery is the cheapest in our town and i dont know if i can afford to swap to another one :(

:shock: i cant believe they didnt mention it! and i'm with tonks, i'd expect them to be "entertained" at all times, rather than being sat in front of the telly. and with the toilet thing, yea they might be the little ones that they can reach, but how long must they have had their backs turned so she can play in the toilet?!

if you went to a more expensive nursery, would you not still get the same % of the fees covered?? not quite sure how it all works!!

You should start asking if they are going to drop their fees, as they have dropped their standard of care!

What Tonks said about the fees is right. If they're going to lower their standards they should lower the price.

Ridiculous, Tezzy. Good luck finding somewhere better x

Thats not on at all! I would go straight to the manager an query the staff changes because it clearly is not working.
Chloe is in nursery and I know they watch TV but hardly ever....usually if they have a party or end of term. They have a scheduled day with plenty of activities like PE, Kaizen Tigers, cooking, numbers, alphabet, painting etc. Chloe goes to the toilet on her own now, she is 3y 3m but if Rhys needs help regardless of age he should get it!

Speak to other Mums aswell and see how they feel about the changes. Maybe even a call to ofsted, they will do a surprise visit x

ive found a childminders in the next street to mine, she only has one child under 5 at the moment so im going to have a look at her house tomorrow lunchtime. not sure what he prices are like but i know ill still get help with fees if shes registered (which she is)

Prices around here are £3-£3.50 an hour including lunch.

My childminder did loads of things with Niamh. They met up with other childminders and went on 'fun days' in the summer they'd go for picnics in the park, last week she went to a fire station, etc.

Feel gutted she won't be going back now :(

Thats not on at all! I would go straight to the manager an query the staff changes because it clearly is not working.
Chloe is in nursery and I know they watch TV but hardly ever....usually if they have a party or end of term. They have a scheduled day with plenty of activities like PE, Kaizen Tigers, cooking, numbers, alphabet, painting etc. Chloe goes to the toilet on her own now, she is 3y 3m but if Rhys needs help regardless of age he should get it!

Speak to other Mums aswell and see how they feel about the changes. Maybe even a call to ofsted, they will do a surprise visit x

see rhys is fine going to the toilet for a wee on his own and he knows to flush the chain and wash his hands but when he does a poo he just needs some extra help making sure hes wiped properly

as far as the acivites.. let me just grab her report and ill tell you what ffion has done today...

oh what a shock... tv time.. also circle time,stickle bricks,musical instruments, shapesorters and teddies.

thats all the activities she did today in 5 hours.

I would be worried as well that some of them were getting made up :(

Prices around here are £3-£3.50 an hour including lunch.

My childminder did loads of things with Niamh. They met up with other childminders and went on 'fun days' in the summer they'd go for picnics in the park, last week she went to a fire station, etc.

Feel gutted she won't be going back now :(

ok thats not a bad price.. our nursery atm is £3.30 an hour! i was expecting a childminders to be more expensive!

:hug: about Niamh x

bloody hell tezzy, thats like saying she's done an hour on each activity!! which if she's anythin like katie, would never happen!!

Might be different where you are, but around here they are the same price or cheaper than nurseries.

Hope you get something sorted soon :hug:

her old reports had like a million things on them.. the staff had to squash their handwriting to fit it all in!

and ive only just noticed that her form says 2 nappy changes but i put 3 nappies in and theyve all gone...

Thats not alot for 5hrs esp at her age, not much stimulating activities either. It's sounds like she was left on her own with other children to just get on with it and play with teddies and sticklebricks. I would not be having that, definately look into other options and consider phoning ofsted!

I pay £3.50 for Chloe and £3.75 FOR Charlotte not inc food but I cannot praise them enough.

im glad im not over reacting.. ive been keeping my gob tightly sealed since way before halloween..

I don't think you are over reacting at all. Children need entertaining not plonking in front of a Tv and you should have been told the minute you walked through the door about the bite. It's shocking I'd def be looking else where. I'd also mention it to other mum's to see if they are noticing but not questioning it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back