Reusables and Nappy Rash

widowwadman

Reaction score
My Bumgenius came with the warning not to use sudocream or similar as this would stop them from working properly, so what do I do? Mills has a red bum at the moment. I'm giving her plenty of nappy off time and opted for using disposables, so that I can apply cream, but I don't think that's a long term solution, as I really don't like using the disposables.

Are there any creams I can use without destroying my bumgenius? Or any other solution?

I would say sudocreme would be best - just make sure it's really rubbed in and no excess gets on to the nappy itself as this is what stops it working properly. It's the same for disposibles hun - the cream creates a waterproof coating on bits of the pad so it can't absorb properly.

Kim x x x

We use Sudocreme with our bamboozles. The cream only gets on the fleece liners and as long as it doesn't cover the whole thing I can't see that you'd have a problem.

use corn flour like talc or miz with water to form a paste... or.. if you want to sue cream put a fleece liner on :D

kamosallin (sp) is great I think. Need to rub it right in though

My mum told me to use 'Drapolene' on my LO...she said it's great cos it doesn't create a barrier that sudocrem etc does. I've just bought some to give it a try. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back