returning to uni..

sarafet

Reaction score
i just need to write this all down, got so much going through my head just now and am unsure what to do.

i have completed my first year of nursing (have a couple of outstanding exams to do though..) i was due to do my 2nd year last year, but found out i was pregnant so put it on hold for a year. i should be going back in september but now i don't know whether i can/want to..

i've sent an email to the year leader asking what's happening, and if i'll be able to come back because i'm sure i'll be unable to carry they outstanding exams over.. but on the other hand, i don't know if i want to. aiden is so young and i don't want to miss out on him growing up :(

however, if i had to get a normal job, i know i would hate it. i need a job that offers different things to keep me interested otherwise i get sooo bored and down :wall: also, when i was on maternity leave, they stopped my bursary halfway through, because apparantly i wasn't supposed to get it, so now because i had it for about 4 months when i shouldn't have, i don't know if i'll get it again, and when my maternity pay stops, and if we didn't have my bursary, we wouldn't have enough money :|

i really love the course, it's hard work, but i know that's what i want to do.. the hours in uni aren't THAT bad, and your only in 3 maybe 4 days at the most, for between 3-6 hours a day.. i would have to pay for childcare for aiden as well.

what do you girls think? thanks for reading if you managed :D

xxx

I think that only you know what you really want to do.

Whichever you choose I am sure you can sort things out money-wise, there is alot of financial support out there in various forms.

The way I look at it is that you can complete your training at any point in your life BUT Aiden will only be a baby once.

I gave up my uni course (but i had literally just started it) when I found out I was pregnant. But I am doing an OU degree because I know I won't ever go back to university. The OU do do courses and qualifications in health and social care if you were interested in still doing some sort of study.

In the end you have to be happy with your choice and be able to make it and not have any regrets. If you want to keep going with your course then I am sure Aiden would be fine in nursery for a few hours a few days a week.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I never went to uni in the first place hun, did my A levels, could probably got into any uni...I decided to do a home schooling course though (skills train, same as OU really). Im doing a Website Design management course, its hard but interesting. (cheaper than uni too!!)

I would look into it hun, that way you can work part time and do that when you can and still be there for LO :)

thanks girls, it would be much better if i could do home learning, i just don't know if there's any courses that would interest me :(

i've had a quick look through the ou courses and nothing grabbed my attention :wall:

nothing at all!!!!!!!! lol.
what subject areas interest you? iwhat about child development? health and social care? psychology?

xxx

suzie i'm awful :wall:

i love nursing because it's so varied and i love learning about the body/biology/physiology kinds of things. i love learning about drugs etc too. also is constantly changing so it would keep me on my toes..

i don't think health and social care would be the same, and what would i do at the end? :(

Hi Sara,

I got to about the same stage as you in my nurse training, got to right the end of the first year, in fact I passed the year except I missed so much time of due to anaemia.

Would you have to re-start the whole year? Cus I was told that I would have to. Also hun, what would happen with regards to childcare? Do you get any help with it? I'm starting to think i'd like to apply again and start it up again. I had to do placements which were actual shifts on wards as well, did you do that?

xkikix said:
Hi Sara,

I got to about the same stage as you in my nurse training, got to right the end of the first year, in fact I passed the year except I missed so much time of due to anaemia.

Would you have to re-start the whole year? Cus I was told that I would have to. Also hun, what would happen with regards to childcare? Do you get any help with it? I'm starting to think i'd like to apply again and start it up again. I had to do placements which were actual shifts on wards as well, did you do that?

hi kiki!

yep we done placements too, i loved it :D

i don't know where i'd have to start from, i'm waiting to hear back from one of the tutors with regards to my options.
i don't know about childcare either :( there is a nursery in uni, but i don't think there's many places. also i don't know if i would be entitled to tax credits to help with childcare, if i wasn't, there's no way we could afford it :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back