Remembering your baby

megsmeadow

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread to share what I've done so far to capture those precious memories of our little girl.

Feel free to share your own ideas too.

So we have a little photo album with the pictures the hospital took, and her blanket of love. We were also given one of the simba small memory boxes but I wanted to use some of the pieces from that to create our own memories. I still have to box and some things inside but I made an album which incorporates some of the keepsakes from it too. My ds has his own album and it somehow feels right for each of my babies to have the same thing. So here's a few pages from it. uploadfromtaptalk1411917635585.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411917663746.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411917692103.jpguploadfromtaptalk1411917703904.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411917646653.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411917646653.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 50
I love that! I'm still working on mine. I'm waiting on my memory box to be delivered. I'll post pics of mine when I'm finished.

What a lovely idea. We lost our little one at nearly 7 weeks so all I have are the three pregnancy tests I took which I'm struggling to put in the bin.

This is so lovely. I lost my little one at 6+4 and I have nothing only my gp confirmation and booking scan appointment. Thinking of making a little certificate of remember emcee of key dates though x

I have to say even at 20 weeks we didn't have much, but I took photographs of things that I appreciated or made me smile following the birth. The flowers are ones friends had sent and the teddy bear and flowers went in her coffin with her. The picture of the wee boy flying a kite was my ds the day after we found out at the scan and the day before being induced, he was staying with my family and we wanted to do something really meaningful that day. It was a moment that made me smile at a heartbreaking time. I do have a recording of Oirrinn's heartbeat and a few music tracks which meant a lot to me so I'm going to put them on a small memory stick and pop them in too.

I took some pictures of pregnancy tests lolie as they are much easier to keep. Also I think anyone can contact SiMba to get a small memory box if you have and early loss at any stage before 24 weeks, but its usually maternity units that will give these out. There's also certificates on the sands website that you can print, or some hospitals do for you

https://www.uk-sands.org/resources/...by-born-dead-before-24-weeks-gestation-form-2

Lovely keepsakes Megsmeadow!! Xx

Beautiful memories. My loss was early so we didn't know if it was boy or girl. We strongly suspect it was twins although that will never be confirmed. Due to a complication (mainly due to a hospital cock up) we did have a funeral service and cremation at the local crematorium. So we can use the garden of rest and have marked out a little plot with a few stones in the baby garden. That helps tremendously as we don't have any pictures. The mmc was discovered at the first scan and I regret not asking for a scan picture. There was a little bean there on the screen and I wish I could have had that picture. We also have a little pot in the garden as a memory and I'll sit with a cuppa and say hello. It's the only thing we have but tending to it brings me comfort xx

Such a lovely, special book Megsmeadow.

I don't have anything from my 2 mc (9w and 6w), but with every BFP I immediately started a little book of when I got the positive, how I felt, what Papa said when I told him etc... So I have that for both my mc and both my kids. Once I knew that I lost the baby, I included a message to the baby in his/her book to say goodbye. I have a scrapbook for each full term baby from the BFP, preg photo's, cards, piece of material from nursery curtains etc... xxx

I have my scan picture at around 8 weeks and the only baby thing I bought...a babygrow I bought which says 'a star is born 2014'. I still can't bring it out without feeling really sad so haven't put it away yet but plan to get a little box and keep my scan picture and the baby grow together at some point x

This is my little girls memory box that just arrived tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 14
This was inside it, it's a small photo album with pink booties. I've got some pictures of my baby girl that I haven't printed yet and will put in there. I've also got a small baby blanket and teddy bear to put in also. Sorry for some reason it only let me post one pic at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 12
My losses were early on so I have not really got any physical things to keep. For my lost twin I have the scan picture with my lo in it too so that will always be kept. For my first loss I got a tattoo of a butterfly and stars on my foot. I also have my lavish locket that has 2 charms in it.

And this is the necklace I bought off of Amazon in remembrance of my baby girl. It's actually a small urn as we are having her privately cremated and keeping some of her ashes. I'm also going to buy one for my mom, this one will be a sapphire stone for my babies sept birthstone with her birthday and initials engraved on the back. I'll probably never wear the necklace and keep it in my memory box. Who knows but I hope you guys like it, I thought it was something different.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 7
What a beautiful necklace maka and the pattern on the front looks like the awareness ribbons too.

It's lovely to read how people have such different ways to create those precious memories, no matter how small. Remember there's the baby loss awareness week wave of light on the 15th of October where you can join in to light a candle in rememberance of our little angels. X

Maka it's beautiful. I made myself a bracelet with a mum charm on it on the day mine should have been born. I do wear it sometimes. I also made some angel wing earrings and a pendant which I wore to the memorial service x

Lol I didn't even notice the symbol on the necklace for the awareness ribbon, I didn't even know they had a ribbon. I got the necklace off of Amazon, I didn't even know they existed until I started googling. Thank you for letting me know about the rememberance day, I'll put it in my calendar. Thank you, you guys! I feel like I've probably over done myself but I wanted my girl to be remembered and loved and I guess this is one way I'm dealing with it. Hugs to you all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back