Recurring UTI's

H16

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've always been very prone to urinary tract infections even before my pregnancy and now I appear to have my third infection since February! It's driving me mad.

Before I was pregnant I started taking the Vitabiotics Ultra Cranberry Extract tablets (750mg) - 1 a day. I found they really helped me prevent getting UTI's along with drinking alot of water.

Does anyone know if these are safe to take during pregnancy? The leaflet in the box doesn't say anything about pregnant women.

I did ask my GP a few weeks back but she is worse than useless sadly and was like "yeah yeah fine" but did not seem 100% sure herself lol.

Thanks

Helen

Hi Helen, I'm not really sure to be honest. I haven't looked into it much this pregnancy, but I used to drink herbal teas when I found out I was pregnant 5 years ago (there is a reason for me talking about tea I promise, lol). I was told that a lot of herbal teas and herbal remedies had rosehip in and this can cause miscarriage, so I'd say, the first thing to check is the ingredients list. I know it's not much help probably, but hopefully it might help a little bit. Have you tried Ocean Spray cranberry juice? I find that really helpful for me with thrush, UTI's all of those types of things and if you're not keen on the full on cranberry flavour, there's loads of different flavours with cranberry in it. Good luck and I hope you sort it out soon. When do you have your booking in appointment? Could you ask your midwife? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back