Recipes for Purees

I gave my boys some lentil soup:

red lentils
celery
carrot
potato
onion

They also loved some brocolli and cauliflower mixed in with grated cheese.

Alanna loves those fruit pouches! She has worked them out too so i can just hand her one!, I normally mix it in with just plain fromage frais though for after her dinner

I made up a recipe for ella that she loves. Cous Cous made with baby chicken stock and very finely chopped mushroom and tomato. When the cous cous has done its thing for 10 mins I mix in some cheese spread. I think it tastes nice, dh hates it!

i made this yesterday, not as a puree, lo is having food more mashed but it can deffo be a puree... he LOVED IT.. i was so suprised...

i poached a fillet of white boneless fish in his formula for 20minutes with some sweet corn, i mashed it with potatoes and broccoli and added some grated cheese.... i got baout 7 portions to put in the freezer!!!

can i just ask a quick question ? its kind of on this topic...... ive been giving LO purees but got told by hvs/people at childrens centres that I have to give LO only one type of food like 3 days in a row so i know he isnt allergic but think hes getting bored of the same flavours ! what can i do to liven things up abit ? and still do this ? or is this rubbish and i dont have to do this ?!?!

I ignored that gem of wisdom! Just make sure that if you do introduce new foods you do it at lunchtime so.if there are any problems you can deal with them and not miss any reactions by being asleep.

Last edited:
My favourite was butternut squash, chicken, broccoli and carrot - I used to eat it myself :lol:

can i just ask a quick question ? its kind of on this topic...... ive been giving LO purees but got told by hvs/people at childrens centres that I have to give LO only one type of food like 3 days in a row so i know he isnt allergic but think hes getting bored of the same flavours ! what can i do to liven things up abit ? and still do this ? or is this rubbish and i dont have to do this ?!?!

If you have a history of allergies in the family it's a good idea to try one thing at a time and wait a few days before introducing something else, but I also ignored that advice :blush: As Baby Bean said, just introduce new things earlier in the day so you'll know if they cause any sort of reaction x

You dont have to give it 3 days in a row, But if you try something new on monday, give something he has had before for tuesday wednesday thursday, so if he has a reaction, youwill know its from the NEW thing you gave on monday theres no doubt over what it could be :)

These are recipes I got my my hv

bcded1bf-a428-ce5f.jpg

bcded1bf-a44b-c6c7.jpg

bcded1bf-a47b-0c45.jpg

bcded1bf-a492-a30a.jpg

These are for 8-9 months
bcded1bf-a458-dcb6.jpg

Hope some of these help! I'm yet to try them out but will be soon xx

some good ideas on here! i did this for marley yesterday:

brodo vegetale (its basically like a veg soup base which you can add baby pasta or cooked lentils to!, they eat it all the time in italy its yummy)

in a pan add:

1 big potato cut in half
i stick of celery cut in half
2 carrots cut in half
a few cherry tomatoes (whole)
1 onion cut into quarters
any other veg that you have really! a cabbage leaf, slice of pepper etc etc

bring this to the boil, when boiling reduce the heat and simmer for about 20mins till the veg is soft.

the stock can be used as a base for anything and will keep in the fridge for a good few days. i usually take out a piece of carrot and potato, mash with some of the juice and then sperately i cook some baby pasta shapes in the stock as well (so it becomes nice and flavoursome) and add that to the mash or puree. i also cooked some red lentils, and added then to some mashed potato and carrot from this stock. i also added a drop of extra virgin olive oil and grated some parmesan cheese in too. its really healthy and yummy... and CHEAP!!! =)) BUON APPETITO!!! =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back