Really worried

Thanks guys,

Ive also heard that some woman bleed through their whole pregnancy and i think I may be one as well. I had a few early pregnancy scans due to bleeding early on between 6 weeks & 9 weeks.

Difference was...when i had the early scans i was just told its one of those things and the lady said most of the time the baby will be ok and bleeding just sometimes happenes, however this time round ive been told that the placenta has started "lifting" which makes the whole thing worse because now im sitting here woundering how the hell i can stop it "lifting".

I know there is nothing i can do but in a strange way i find it easier to carry on not knowing what the problem is, than being told its the placenta and then no-one giving me any answers, does that make sence?

I have had some good news though, EPAC called me to let me know my blood group is positve and im not rehsus negative (spelt that wrong i know) so thats good.

When i did have the scan this morning, our baby was bouncing around so happy & content, waving then sucking its thumb, was amazing. Im just so scared that things could go wrong.

I thought by getting past the 12 week "safe" side that all would be flying colours from here but i guess not. All i know is that surly my body would not allow me to get this far just to take our baby away from us. Im holding on to that thought and hope everything will be okay.

Tiggy xx

You'll find at your scans, it will say on the report form the position of your placenta..........either high or low, maybe then you orignal had a low laying placenta and your body is repositioning it to a high position?

hope you are ok xxxx

Hi Josephine-Beth,

Ive just had a look at all my scan reports and every single one of them has:-

Placenta Localisation:-
Anterior
Posterior

written on the reports, however no-one has circled which one i have been in the past except for the scan I had today and the sonographer has circled Posterior. Ummmmm i know this sounds daft but that is ok right?

Its a shame my previous reports have not circled what ive been previously as like you say it may been where its moving but i suppose there is no way of telling now.

Tiggy xx

So sorry to hear about your worries- can be any help as I am struggling to understand what my Spanish doc says.
You must try to relax, easier said than done but focus on the fact that you saw the baby wonderfully happy on the scan. If you can't settle then you must phone the hosp or go back and get some answers to your questions- it's what they're there for. As more stress for you and your bump is the last thing you need :hug:

I hope things get better and you get the reassureance you need soon. Im sure everything will be fine hun, get plenty of rest and let OH take care of you! :hug: :hug:

Oh dear Tiggy... you must be terrified.... It sounds exactly like what I had...
I've got placenta previa.. Its where the placenta is usually either covering the cervix or is coming away from the wall of the uterus. In my case its very low down. Originally at week 14 it was covering my cervix a grade 5, but in my scan at 19 weeks they saw that it had moved up and was now on the edge of my cervix, I'm hoping my next scan will show its moved away completely. I still have to take it easy though, and not lift anything or walk too far. Like you they also said my placenta was very large.

My consultant said that its a bit like a plaster on a woolen surface and the more movement you make the more likely it is to come away. I had bleeding right up to my 15th week... and had bled on and off all the way up till then. Then it stopped and fingers crossed it hasn't started again.

The only thing you can do, is not move, stay completely in bed only going to the toilet and pray. :pray: That means getting someone to help you out if that is possible. I know it's hard, my 8 year old was on school holidays, and she's been an only child for so long, she all of a sudden had to learn to do lots of things for herself.

If you have complete bed rest the placenta is more likely to reattach itself. You also need to ask the doctor if your placenta is low too... In which case you will be treated as a high risk pregnancy. If it doesn't move then you will probably have to have a c section, for safety sake, but its not the end of the world.

I really hope that you get better soon, just try and stay calm (I know you just want to blub all the time, because I did...you convince yourself that you are loosing the baby), but remember that for now, everything is fine, you just need to be very very careful. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck tiggy, take it easy and stay positive :hug:

Squiglet said:
Oh dear Tiggy... you must be terrified.... It sounds exactly like what I had...
I've got placenta previa.. Its where the placenta is usually either covering the cervix or is coming away from the wall of the uterus. In my case its very low down. Originally at week 14 it was covering my cervix a grade 5, but in my scan at 19 weeks they saw that it had moved up and was now on the edge of my cervix, I'm hoping my next scan will show its moved away completely. I still have to take it easy though, and not lift anything or walk too far. Like you they also said my placenta was very large.

My consultant said that its a bit like a plaster on a woolen surface and the more movement you make the more likely it is to come away. I had bleeding right up to my 15th week... and had bled on and off all the way up till then. Then it stopped and fingers crossed it hasn't started again.

The only thing you can do, is not move, stay completely in bed only going to the toilet and pray. :pray: That means getting someone to help you out if that is possible. I know it's hard, my 8 year old was on school holidays, and she's been an only child for so long, she all of a sudden had to learn to do lots of things for herself.

If you have complete bed rest the placenta is more likely to reattach itself. You also need to ask the doctor if your placenta is low too... In which case you will be treated as a high risk pregnancy. If it doesn't move then you will probably have to have a c section, for safety sake, but its not the end of the world.

I really hope that you get better soon, just try and stay calm (I know you just want to blub all the time, because I did...you convince yourself that you are loosing the baby), but remember that for now, everything is fine, you just need to be very very careful. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Squiglet,

Im sorry you have been through the same thing, i understand totally how you must have been feeling at the time & its great news that you have had no bleeding since, i keep my fingers crossed for you too.

Thank-you for your kind words, it helps a little knowing that someone else understands what im going through as they have been there themselves and everything has turned out good, its relaxed me a bit. My OH read your post as well & I think that it helped him understand how important it is for me to rest. Im getting this horrid tugging/pulling feeling over my right ovary at the moment which is a concern however the good news is that the bleeding has slowed down, its bright red and dark brown mixed in and im hoping it will just turn brown as everyone says brown blood is good as its old blood.

OH has been a star, he has really looked after me since yesturday morning, its been stressful and we have both got our fingers crossed that everything will be okay.

I will try and find out if i have a low lying placenta, would they tell me that at my next scan?

Tiggy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back