20 Week Scan - Really Disappointed!

Zazu

Reaction score
Apolgies in advance for the rant :lol:

I had my 20 week scan on Friday, i found out baby was fine, so thats good, but was really disappointed with the rest of it.

The sonographer didn't speak to us throughout most of the scan, didnt even give OH anywhere to sit. She said everything seems ok, and baby is growing well, then switched off the machine, and said thats it. I asked if she could tell us the sex and she said, oh i didnt think you wanted to know (she never asked!) and said i thought i saw something it could be a boy. I asked if she could check again and she said it was too late and if i buy boy stuff to keep the recipts. I know they cant be sure, but i felt like she didnt even try, and OH was so exited about finding out.

Then she said to wait outside to be called in to see the midwife, while we were waiting, the receptionist came over and gave me my yellow notes, she said your blood results are all fine, they are in your notes, you can go now, so we didnt even see the midwife.

I just felt the whole thing was poor, like they couldnt be bothered. Am i being oversensitive? what was anyone elses 20 week scan experience like?

We went for a private scan yesterday, and it is definately a boy, yay!

Moan over!Lol! x

Glad you went for a private scan Hun xx congrats x what a bloody farce, these people shouldn't be doing this job if they hate it so much, I'm really sorry yours was a bad experience xx

I have to say that my scan was nothing like your experience the sonographer explained everything, pointed out all the differnet parts of baby and answered any questions. She also gave us extra pics and when my daughter asked what the sex was she was happy to look although we didn't want to know!
Sorry your experience was so bad hope you private scan was better and yeah for team blue x

Congrats on your little boy :yay:

I also had a really good one, she turned the scanner away to begin with to do all she had to do then turned it round to me and tried as best she could to point everything out. I would complain :mad:

I would complain about the service you got for starters and state how rude the person was with you.

I've noticed your from the wirral, same as me; what hospital did you go to?

Sorry you had such a bad scan but good news about the private one and finding out your having a boy!!! :dance: Congratulations! xxx

Congratulations on your little bay! :yay: I would have been so disappointed too though..while it is an anomaly scan and their only real job is to check things are all ok, you'd think they would realise that it's a huge thing for parents expecting a baby, and the fact that she does it all day every day shouldn't mean that she has to be miserable about it. You'd think it would be more enjoyable for the sonographers too if they showed you things as they went along - both times I was asked before we started if I wanted to find out the sex, then the sonographer stopped to point out all the little things she was measuring. Sorry it didn't go as well as it should have x

sounds like the 20 week scan i had with my little girl! as soon as we walked in2 the room my oh asked if we could find out sex and she sed this scan is not 4 that. sat us down done scan without 2 words measured everythin then i askd if baby was ok, she replied looks healthy but these cant pick up all abnormalities!! then my oh askd sex again she replied it loooks female and turned screen off! they make u feel like uv hassled them or sumthin its very rude! thit time the sonographer explained and pointed everythin out then asked if we wanted 2 know sex and even let us guess b4 showin us his parts! wen the hospitals r busy its all a big rush and hassle 4 them and they steal a part of ur pregnancy. glad u got a private scan bet it 100 times better 4 u both xxx

I would complain aswell, its sounds like that sonographer is complacent and cant be bothered. Sorry you had such a disappointment :hug:

yup dont hesitate to complain. It wont affect how anyone treats you,might get them to look into whats going on in that sonographer's clinic!

I would complain about the service you got for starters and state how rude the person was with you.

I've noticed your from the wirral, same as me; what hospital did you go to?

Sorry you had such a bad scan but good news about the private one and finding out your having a boy!!! :dance: Congratulations! xxx

I went to clatterbridge, because they are doing up Arrowe park (althogh i think it might be finished now) What hospital do you go to?

Thanks for all your replies, think i might complain. I do feel a lot better after the private scan, she was really good, pointing everything out and really reassuring. I would definately reccomend one if you dont get everything you want from your NHS scan.

Thanks again x

I'm at arrowe park, i think its all finished now or most of it is. i've been having all my appointments there, wonder why you got sent to clatterbridge??
Just noticed you are due the same day as me. :)

Congratulations on your little boy :)

I haven't had my 20 week scan yet, but I am shocked at how you were treated. I'd make a complaint to be honest, this is meant to be such an exciting time of your life, such a personal experience for you, you don't need wet tea bags like her upsetting you :trouble:

I'm at arrowe park, i think its all finished now or most of it is. i've been having all my appointments there, wonder why you got sent to clatterbridge??
Just noticed you are due the same day as me. :)

Not sure either, but will be having the baby at arrowe park, so might see you there! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back