Really concerned

Sephs

Reaction score
About myself in all honesty. Sorry if this seems a bit moany but I need to know if I should be concerned or not. (I'm not pregnant or a mummy, so no pnd or anything.)

I've lost a huge amount of weight and my great appetite! (I was 11st and I'm now down to 8st 8lbs) I don't have body hang ups and I'm happy with my shape and figure.
I also am having trouble sleeping, I've been crying myself to sleep for the past 2 weeks and when I wake in the mornings my eyes sting and I find it such an effort to get out of bed, I am starting to dread waking up.
My first love (FL) ended things with me really abruptly and got with somebody else, I keep crying randomly and I can't look at FL without tears pricking the back of my eyes. I have had to block and delete FL's new 'friend' on all my social networking sites and msn because I can't bear to see the name or picture.

I'm not a smoker but have been smoking like a chimney as it helps me and takes the tonne from my shoulders for a few minutes. I'm not concerned about this right now as I'm not addicted, it's just something to help me cope for now.

So what with the permanent crying and welling up, no eating (I have eaten a baguette and a few pringles in the past 3 days), finding it hard to sleep and dreading waking up, what do you think?
Does this sound like heart break to you? FL came to mine the other day as I got myself in a great state and was sobbing uncontrollably, I explained that 'I have a permanent knot in my chest, and a dull ache that isn't going away'. FL apparently understood, but I don't think so.

What doesn't help is all my coursework deadlines have come at once and I've fallen out with my best friend in the midst of all this FL trouble. Learning mentor has suggested it is stress, but I've felt stress and this isn't stress, I feel sub earth 90% of the time.

I don't know. My learning mentor is really concerned about me as I'm usually so full of life and I went into her room yesterday, sat down and proceeded to burst into tears and shake uncontrollably. She wants me to see my GP, but I feel as if I'm making a big deal.

I'm sorry to moan and go on, but I can't take much more of being like this. I'm so down in the dumps, I just want to curl up in bed and cry all the time.
Thanks girls.

Just edited and added a few more details.

Can nobody help or advise? :(

Don't worry if not, it was good to get it off my chest regardless.

It sounds like severe stress/depression. Is hard with deadlines and the pressure this can cause. I have had stress, but in my final year at uni, as exams approached i thought i was gonna have a breakdown and suffered similar syptoms to you, except i turned to drink to ease this. Please go and see your GP, you are not making a fuss. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like depression to me hun. If I were you I would go and see my Dr and explain everything you have written here. You will not be wasting their time at all and they will help you.
Good luck hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like depression. Go to your doctor and tell them everything you've told us, they will understand and will be able to help, you won't be wasting their time. Sorry your feeling like this hun :hug: :hug:

I won't say it sounds like depression, but it does sound like a bunch of crappy teenage hormones coupled with icky break up and school anxiety. I used to get it myself: used tohave days where I'd take nothing but coffee and I had really bad panic attacks.
What are you in, fifth year? it's a bloody awful time for everything to be coming all at once. You'e probably very run down,stressed, and naturally upset.
You do need to try to eat something. Blend everything into a smoothie.Or ice cream. The longer you leave eating the harder it will get. Also stop with the smoking :) and get some Bach Flower rescue spray,absolute godsend. Take it easy for a couple of days (are you on half term?) stay under your duvet, take lots of baths, forget about coursework deadlines (they always string them out anyway, plus you can get your mum to write you a note)

Then see how you feel in a bit. If you're still feeling crap go see your GP. Ask about coping techniques before you ask about anti-d pills :D

Honestly you could be describing me three years ago.

Hi girls, thanks for the replies (and the pm :))

I have booked a doctors app for Thursday but typically would like to go sooner, I am going to call back tomorrow and see if they can get me one for Tuesday maybe, sooner the better.
I just wanted to know that me calling the doctor in my current state wasn't a silly idea, and whether I should have gone or not. But as I say, I have decided to go for it and see what he suggests.

Thank you all girls, it's nice to know there's somebody listening and to have gotten it from my chest. :)

zebrastripes said:
I won't say it sounds like depression, but it does sound like a bunch of crappy teenage hormones coupled with icky break up and school anxiety. I used to get it myself: used tohave days where I'd take nothing but coffee and I had really bad panic attacks.
What are you in, fifth year? it's a bloody awful time for everything to be coming all at once. You'e probably very run down,stressed, and naturally upset.
You do need to try to eat something. Blend everything into a smoothie.Or ice cream. The longer you leave eating the harder it will get. Also stop with the smoking :) and get some Bach Flower rescue spray,absolute godsend. Take it easy for a couple of days (are you on half term?) stay under your duvet, take lots of baths, forget about coursework deadlines (they always string them out anyway, plus you can get your mum to write you a note)

Then see how you feel in a bit. If you're still feeling crap go see your GP. Ask about coping techniques before you ask about anti-d pills :D

Honestly you could be describing me three years ago.
What SZ said! I dont think its depression but it does sound like stress/anxiety hun! Do everything that ZS said! Its exactly what I would have said myself! :D

Sephs said:
Hi girls, thanks for the replies (and the pm :))

I have booked a doctors app for Thursday but typically would like to go sooner, I am going to call back tomorrow and see if they can get me one for Tuesday maybe, sooner the better.
I just wanted to know that me calling the doctor in my current state wasn't a silly idea, and whether I should have gone or not. But as I say, I have decided to go for it and see what he suggests.

Thank you all girls, it's nice to know there's somebody listening and to have gotten it from my chest. :)

Good for you hun, I really think you have done the right thing. Even if you just get to talk your problems through.

I have suffered from depression/anxiety in the past and from my own experience it's so much easier to deal with the quicker its addressed. The fact that you're having trouble sleeping, dreading waking up, permanently tearful and your tutor is concerned for you suggests to me something a little more than teenage angst. Losing over 2 stone without trying is definitely something that needs to be looked into, irrespective of any other symptons.

Also I totally agree with zebrastripes, stop the smoking now! You might not think you are addicted yet but believe me nicotine addiction can creep up on you very quickly.

Good luck hun and keep us posted :hug:

Thankyou girls, I will let you know how things go. :)

sounds like depression for sure, good luck at the docs. :hug: x x x x

So sorry hun, only just seen this, not really been on last day or so.

You are heartbroken hun :hug: Me & Jed split up many years ago and I felt the same as you. I used to go into work everyday but I couldn't function, I'd just sit out in goods in all day and smoke and drink coffee and cry (luckily my boss was a lovely understanding man).

Time will make you feel better babe but in the meantime see the doc and he may be able to help you through this bad stage :hug:

Lou said:
So sorry hun, only just seen this, not really been on last day or so.

You are heartbroken hun :hug: Me & Jed split up many years ago and I felt the same as you. I used to go into work everyday but I couldn't function, I'd just sit out in goods in all day and smoke and drink coffee and cry (luckily my boss was a lovely understanding man).

Time will make you feel better babe but in the meantime see the doc and he may be able to help you through this bad stage :hug:
I was the same when I found out about Joe!
I just drank coke! Began smoking again (only for about 2 weeks though lol) just went on auto pilot!
Its a horrible thing coupled with school etc :hug: I hope your doc can help! Maybe give you some anti-anxiety pills!
You could have depression but imo its anxiety and stress! I have and have had both! The chest pain, the losing weight, trouble sleeping etc to me sound closer to that than depression! The symptoms on paper are similar but there is a major difference when you feel it!
Then again everyone is different so it could be! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: ( i just hope for your sake its not depression! :pray: )

Thankyou Lou, and Lea. :hug:

I am having a particularly down day today. Valentines day couldn't have come at a better time really, it's ironic. :roll:

My horoscope said something really interesting today:

Don't look for illusory comfort in the haze of alcohol or the fog of cigarettes.

I'm thinking.. The Notebook, a glass of wine and a curry, don't sound 16 do I? :lol:

My eye is bloody twitching too, has been since I woke up, annoying the hell out of me!!

Hi girls.

I went to the doctor this afternoon as I said I was. I sat down and said everything I've said in here, he just kept staring me out though and I had to keep repeating myself, felt so uncomfortable :( he thinks it's severe stress and maybe slight depression.
I told him about FL and all the things I've been experiencing, he took my blood pressure and it was fine apparently. I said about the weight loss and he seemed to think it was relevant to have my bloods taken, even though I said I'd lost weight because I was barely eating.. :wall:
He then said if my bloods come back ok he will refer me for counselling (which I don't want at all) and then told me about all the drugs they had to make people feel better in my position, I asked what he thought I should do and he said that I'm too young to have any meds :think: (why reel off the bloody list then if I can't have them!?) :shakehead:

I'm not satisfied at all by going to the doctor. If anything I feel even more angry.. Just because he made me feel like 'what do you want me to do about it' type thing.. :?

TBH hun I think your doc did what most docs would do!
Bloods etc are standard! And counselling too! Its probably better to try counselling to get out your stress than take pills while your still young! (really not meaning to sound patronising or anything :hug: )
Hope you feel better soon though hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back