really bad cough

louise87

Reaction score
hi girls

ive recently come down with really bad flu. i have such a bad cough, im coughing soo hard and constant,all my muscles are hurting were ive been coughing so much really starting to worry that i could be hurting my baby.
does any one know if coughing can harm baby?
does any one know of any safe medicines to take for a cough.

Thanks for listening

louise x x

Sorry to hear you are feeling unwell Louise. I started feeling really poorly on monday this week with really high temperature and my whole body ached. By Tuesday i started with a really bad cough too, so i went to see GP who advised paracetamol, plenty of rest and plenty of fluids like water. I did have some Halls Soothers too, when my throat got really sore, but to be honest i have had to just see the whole thing out. Today i'm just about feeling back to normal apart from having slight deafness in one ear, so fingers crossed for you that you will feel loads better soon. Make sure you have someone to pamper you too xxx

I also have a very bad cough and am actually seeing a doctor later as Im also asthmatic and struggling to breath.

Coughing will not harm your baby though - I already asked this question!!

I had the same last week. Went to the GP and asked if I could take anything for the cough. He said no and I burst out crying.. Poor doctor did not know what to say :)

Hope you start feeling better soon!!

Sounds like you ladies have been proper suffering! Hope you all get well soon! :hug:

i've been ill too, coughing hurts doesn't it :( however your not harming your baby, your emune system is down atm becasue more of your emune system goes to the baby so baby will be nice and safe tuckked in your womb :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks girlies for all ur advice has really helped. feeling a bit better now still not right but alot better than i was. got my 20 week scan next tuesday so really excited bout that. we want to find out what were having aswell so lets hope my baby is in the right position. x x x x

I have mine the day after Louise on the 7th....lets hope we can find out eh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back