Realisticly

Ebony_Mommy

Reaction score
how many nappies do newborns use per 24 hours?

also... say i stay in hospital for 2 days.. how many clothes..nappies etc.. do i need to take?

A pack of newborn nappies should be fine to take with you to hospital. You will only use the max of about 6 when in hospital, depending on when you have your baby... i.e morning or early hours.

Im taking 3 vests, 3 sleepsuits, 2 jumpers, 2 socks, 2 hats - snowsuit
If I need more ive packed a bag that OH can bring with him if I need it.

Dont panic hun, just pack what you think and im sure you wont need more. I had zack at 3.00pm and was out the next day at 11.00am... so we didnt need much. :D

lol im glad I haven't got to think about all this because im having a a home birth it will all be here ready for her :D I will pack a hossie bag ( for just incase) last min lol don't want to jinx myself :lol:

Everything is going to go just fine :D :|

Good question though Ebony cos when its your first you really have no idea how much to take!

i'm taking about 10 newborn nappies, they are what I have open already...

3 vests, 3 sleepsuits, 3 pairs of socks, 2 hats, some scratch mittens, 1 dress and 1 pair of tights for coming home in, 1 blanket, 2 bibs, a pack of wipes, some cotton wool, some nappy cream etc... may not need some but it's there anyway lol. I'm just taking my hospital bag and baby's changing bag!

Jade89 said:
i'm taking about 10 newborn nappies, they are what I have open already...

3 vests, 3 sleepsuits, 3 pairs of socks, 2 hats, some scratch mittens, 1 dress and 1 pair of tights for coming home in, 1 blanket, 2 bibs, a pack of wipes, some cotton wool, some nappy cream etc... may not need some but it's there anyway lol. I'm just taking my hospital bag and baby's changing bag!

I think you may need more than 10 :)

Yeah id take a pack with you hun. Even though 10 will probably be enough, you dont want to be caught short. You might need to stay in longer etc.

lol im so useless. :roll: Ten is all i'm taking with me anyway, can't fit nothing else in the bag, already almost broke it trying to zip it up lol,..i'll send my oh home to get me some more when ive got about two left lol coz no doubt i'll forget something anyway :shock:

dont worry they will sell them in the hospital anyway :)

Cas xx

not sure weather they still do it at my hospital, but my friend went in to have her baby last year and she said in the cubord under the cot thing there was loads of nappies...if this is the case i'll grab some of them :D

they usually have a shop in the mat ward with baby gifts, nappies, bottles etc

cassi said:
they usually have a shop in the mat ward with baby gifts, nappies, bottles etc

Wow, they dont have that in my maternity ward at the hozzie!! Thats not fair :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back