re MILK thread

suzzi

Reaction score
didnt want to gate crash but something you said made me worry a bit (happening a lot to me just lately lol)

if some hospitals dont provide milk and you have problems BF what the hell are you supposed to do, my hospital hasnt said anything about brining your own milk in just incase BF is a problem,

will they be able to offer steralizing facilities, bottle washing etc?

OMG need to ask midwife now.

My hospital provides the pre sterilized bottle and the shop sells the milk so try not to worry too much. just check with the midwife when u next see her xxx

My son was born tongue tied and couldn't latch on at first and my hospital had a selection of formulas and sterlising equipment. The only thing of my own I used was a breast pump, but I'm sure they could've gotten one of them too.

If you're worried hun ask your midwife or even give the postnatal ward a call or something? I'm sure they won't mind xxx

I wouldn't stress too much hun.....if hospital doesn't have something then u could get someone to bring it in for u or try the hospital shop. I am sure they would have back up supplies of the basics but don't advertise it coz then everyone would wanna use them and that would cost them more money xxx

Babies r us do a box of ready made little glass bottles with seperate sealed sterilized teats... They gave them out at my old hospital when you couldn't bf... So I bought some knowing they are good.. Got the best teats too special nuk ones.. I ended up buying a load for Jaycees bottles at home :) I'm taking a few with me :)

Asda, boots online and mothercare sell them too, asda have cow and gate and sma. I got the cow and gate ones there was £15 for 12 bottles x x

Ooooh i didnt know that.. ive only seen them at babies r us... brilliant!

My hospital doesn't provide formula, but they do have it there for emergencies! I really, really struggled with bf my 2nd and eventually managed to persuade them to give me some! They only give you one bottle and then you have to provide the rest, but they do give you the glass pre sterilised ones so you dont nee to mess about doing them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back