Raw Chicken Bleurrrgh!!!!!!!! HELP

Tillytots

Reaction score
OMG :shock: I had a chicken kebab for dinner...it was lovely. Im halfway through it and then I notice a bit tastes rather....squishy :? I look and it is totally raw! :puke: I go through the rest and pull out about 4 more pieces of 100% raw, pink chicken :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Kebab is usually so good, we have been there for years and years! They used to do free dinners for our school as their son attended there and have all the food hygeine certs etc.

Im now totally paranoid that Ive harmed bubs! :cry: I dont feel poorly YET.

I know the chances of contracting something like Listeriosis or Toximoplasmis ( sp) are rare but if they are caught they have dire consequences!

What shall I do?

a) Shall I leave it and stop being paranoid and wait to see if I feel poorly
b) Go to docs in morning and explain what I did and see what they say?

Thing is although Listeria is very very rare, if caught it incubates for days and you prob wouldnt even know you had it. It can cause stilbirth and fetal death :( I know it can be treated with antibiotics though and just say ( God Forbid) I had it and I didnt go to docs Id never forgive myself if anything happened to baby!

God I am soooo freaked out!!!! I am NEVER eating anything from there again, not even a chip! :evil:

ETA: I just googled it and it says its very rare....like 1 in 20,000 and 1 in 50,000 rare! That makes me feel slightly better. Im more likely to get Salmonella which will make me sick but not baby, that I can deal with :)

I'd ring your MW just to check. How much did you eat exactly? Was it a small kebab or a biggie? :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
i'm sure you'll be fine but ring your midwife for advice xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'll ring her in the morning as there isnt a lot she can do now. It was only a small one, all the chicken was mixed in with salad so I didnt see but Id already eaten about half of it until I noticed :?

Trust me! :roll:

I ate chicken drumsticks a month or so ago and they were raw and bloody inside. Admittedly I wasn't pregnant a month ago, but I wasn't ill either. x

My OH cooked a chicken curry a few weeks ago and most of the chicken wasn't cooked properly. I had ate quite a bit of the chicken by the time I noticed! Nothing happened to me but I would ring MW to check with her to be sure! :hug:

The big question... are you put off getting the chicken kebab now? :lol:

leckershell said:
I ate chicken drumsticks a month or so ago and they were raw and bloody inside. Admittedly I wasn't pregnant a month ago, but I wasn't ill either. x

I remember hun, I saw your post! Hopefully I'll be fine, the risk is very small.

Joann you couldnt pay me to eat another kebab right now!! :lol:

I hope you are ok :hug: If the stuff you'd already eaten was cooked you should be. Hopefully you didn't eat the raw stuff.

Keep the kebab meat etc and complain. Also if you do become ill I'd look to making an official complaint about it to the heath adn hygiene wotsit.

I hope u and ur baby are ok.
Come on tilly u should pop tomorrow lol so u can have ur baby in ur arms and stop worrying. :hug:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Keep the kebab and ring environmental health (unless you specifically don't want to report the owner). I did this with my "fried rice disease" in Tri 2 and the establishment got a visit and a b0ll0cking :cheer:

Sherlock said:
I hope you are ok :hug: If the stuff you'd already eaten was cooked you should be. Hopefully you didn't eat the raw stuff.

Keep the kebab meat etc and complain. Also if you do become ill I'd look to making an official complaint about it to the heath adn hygiene wotsit.

hygeine wotsit :lol:

I think I should complain, my Dad just said he had something from there the other day and it was gross too. They have employed lots of new people, none speak english and the food is now crap. That sucks as it was such a nice Kebab ( if there ever was such a thing LOL )

OH did his PhD in this (not kebabs, epidemiology of campylobactor).
He says that if you eat raw chicken there's a 90% chance of getting bad bacteria but that won't necessarily make you ill as you may have immunity to the bacteria. However, he says that most of the bugs live on the outside of the meat so they could have been killed off if the meat was at least partially cooked.

He hasn't got a clue about the effects on baby :( He doesn't think baby would have problems this late on in pregnancy but that if you do get ill the biggest risk would probably be dehydration so keep drinking water if you get ill.

If you do get sick go and see the doctor in case there is something they can do.

I hope you're OK

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hi hun

i think you will be ok, mu OH has eaten raw chicken a few times on holiday and has always been ok, even if you do get sick im sure the baby would be ok, they would keep you dehydrated etc...it is my worse nightmare getting sick so i really feel for you.
have a big hug from me but im sure you are gona be ok, like the girls say there have to be bugs on the meat first and even a little cooking would kill them
xxx

its impossible for the baby to get salmonella if you have no symptoms. i d say ring NHS direct and see what they say. a professional will guide you from there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back