rats and pregnancy

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
wasnt to sure where to put this but here goes
i have 2 pet rats both female and very tame they have always been a bit hectic
i havant had them out latly as wanted to make sure they wouldnt pass anything onto me that could harm the baby
anyways i got them out tonight and omg they wouldnt leave me alone climbing all over me i have scratches all up my arms from them
my question is can rats detect the pregnancy hormones and this makes them act weird?
anyone else have rats and they have done this?
manda xx

ivenot had rats when i was pg, but when i was younger i had a male rat. He used to curl up on my shoulder of an evening, apart from a couple of days before i was due on. i could tell when to expect my af, becuase he wouldn't snuggle up on my shoulder.

:think:

thanks maybe they can pick the scents up then i no my sisters dogs one male and one female wont come near me now which is weird
manda xx

It slightly different but when I was pregnant with my first, my MIL cat would not leave me alone, constantly trying to sit on my belly and always round me. She never bothered with me before the pregnancy and never bothered with me afterwards. So I think some animals can sense wether you are pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back