Rash as an early pregnancy symptom?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by mandspice, Nov 21, 2007.

1. mandspice

mandspice Well-Known Member

Hi girls. I've not made it here just yet but just wanted to ask a question - I'm around 9DPO and have had strange rash on my "trunk"(!) since Saturday - it's on my stomach and back, very faint red blotches, not too much coverage, not itchy.....has anyone experienced similar as a symptom of pregnancy..? Thanks :D

2. DebbieM

DebbieM Well-Known Member

Not experienced anything like that but your hormones are going crazy right now so it could be that - I know your skin can change dramatically in pregnancy :)

3. skimpy

skimpy Well-Known Member

Hiya :wave: just come across this while reading my book, and if your red spots/blotches go white when you press them, then they are "spider angiomas" - tiny red spots, which can suddenly appear anywhere on your body. They are concentrations of blood vessels caused by the high levels of oestrogen in your body.

Hope this helps :D

4. mandspice

mandspice Well-Known Member

Hiya,

Thanks for the info! The rash has gone now but I'm still waiting on AF so fingers crossed.....you'll all be the first to know if I make it in here! xx

5. debecca

debecca Well-Known Member

Ooooh.

I had a rash at about 7 dpo all over my stomach. Didn't know it was a symptom! :shock:

6. skimpy

skimpy Well-Known Member

oooo me clever :cheer: :rotfl:

mam bought me a book and a little one for my OH, and it is mentioned in there. will post the title when i am near the book!