rant time for me again .... another sleepless night

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
Well it's again gone 4am and I'm awake due to my daughter coughing her head off. She's been pretty bad tonite and no doctor wants to listen to me her mother who should know her better. She had an appointment with the pediatrictian last thursday at the hospital and I explained to the stupid cow that our doctor had already tried her on inhalors and it just makes the cough worse but oh no that wasnt good enough for her and she was adament that we give her another go on asthma medications so she prescribed the brown inhalor, the nasal spray med for asthma and the blue inhalor. She's supposed to take 1 puff and spray of the brown and nasal morning and night and before bedtime 6 puffs of the blue inhalor and then blue inhalor at all other times. Tonite i've had to give her the inhalor at 1am and again just now and she's still barking her head off. I can't wait for our unborn baby to come along but i'm really dreading what may be ahead with running up and down with Joannas nighttime cough and also running up and down with nighttime feeds and whateve else the baby throws at me. Hubby complained tonite that he hasnt had a decent nights sleep for weeks :rotfl: thats a freaking joke, every time I get up to sort her out he snoring his freaking head off. Hmmm that doesnt appear to me like he has no sleep. I agree last night he was awake until 4.30am due to the hospital run but umm he really needs to take a leaf out of my nighttime life. Last night I didnt get to sleep until 4.30am and was awake again at 7am, 8am, 9am and 10am until 7pm tonite when I managed to fall asleep for 2 hrs and then was awake again until 1am, 3am, 4am. I've had enough. :(

oh hunni.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

When do you have to take joanna back to the hospital?

I hope things start to get better soon for you

Could it possibly be croup? I say this as you mention a 'bark' like cough. Have a read of the sections here, esp the symtoms and treatment pages. The only thing is it sounds like your daughter has had this a while. But anything is possible.

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/ar ... cleid=116#

It may well be asthma but if the meds are not touching it (and thats a pretty big dose for a little person) I'm surprised. How well is she taking the inhalers? I'm guessing you are using a spacer of some sort. One that goes over her nose and mouth? Or one for her mouth only? Might need to change that to see if the dosage is taken better perhaps.

Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it soon and she improves :hug:

hi hun do u give lo a drink after the inhalers as they make their throat very dry, have they mentioned trying pregnisalone tablets they always worked fantastic on kieron and also a nebulizer they used to lend me one from the doctors surgery and always helped kie sleep better, hope lo is better soon asthma is horrible but lo may grow out of it :hug:

Hi

Going to answer you all in one reply as i'm totaly knackered and very emotional right now through tiredness. Hubby bless him is still :sleep: grrrrr :evil: :evil: :evil: I explained to him in a rather moody way that I hadnt got to sleep until 6am and his reply was oh so are you going to be in this mood all day then, well I could have quite easily there and then killed him :wall:

Ok here goes replied,

Mary ---- Yes joanna has a constant drink with her throughout the night, just water but as you say it helps keep them hydrated. They hsvent suggested any tablets but she was on a liquid medicine before the inhalors, please forgive me but due to lack of sleep I can;'t remember what its called but I believe it began with an A and it was quite useless.

Moofa ---- :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sherlock ---- I suggested the croup thing to the doctors as Joanna had it and was hospitalised with it when she was a baby but doctors don't think it is and I suppose her cough wouldnt get better in the day time if it was and although she now and then has the cough in the day it's much worse at night. She takes the inhalors pretty well and doesnt fuss, she is on a spacer, she was on a smaler spacer before last week but she's on a bigger spacer now which seems to work better than the other one as in I know that she's taking the meds with this one. She hates the nasal spray though.

1sttimemum ---- we're back at the hospital in september when i'll be asking them to admit me to a side room somewhere quiet in thier hossy :rotfl:

right off to kill the husband now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back