Quick help please...temperature

pilkers

Reaction score
Last night we took Evie to the docs because she had a sore ear. He said it wasn't infected but was inflammed.

This morning she woke up and she had a temp of 39.2. I gave her 2.5ml of calpol and it didn't reduce it so an hour later I gave her another 2.5ml (this is what the doc said to do). She was her usual happy, playful self.

Throughout the day she's been fine and not needed calpol. Her temp has been ok...a little warmer than usual but not high.

Tonight I have done her temp (ear) and it's varying between 38.7 and 38.9...so I repeated the calpol dose...the first dose did nothing so I have now topped her up to 5ml. Her temp is still high at 37.8 and 38.0.

I really don't know what to do. This is the first time in 9 months that she's ever had a temp... she's playing at the minute and seems fine in herself.

What should I put her in for bed clothes wise?? Do I need to do anything more than I have already done? Does she need to see the doc again?

Thanks

I think if her temp is around 38 then you don't need to worry too much. The doctors have always told me that demeanor is everything so if a baby has a high temperature but is perfectly fine in themselves then it's less of a worry than a baby with a slight temperature that's listless and floppy.

You can alternate between Calpol and Nurofen. That's a good way of getting a temp down. Make sure she's not dressed too warmly tonight and give her lots of fluids.

If you're at all worried in the night, give the NHS Direct a call.

Hope she is better soon. Lxx :hug:

Hi thanks for your advice. her temp came down overnight and this morning she's totally back to normal!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back