Questions + need advice from all you ladies, please. :-)

LenaB

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was hoping someone on here could help me or advise me what to do. Here's the situation:

First, to rule out other factors: my husband and I do not use any type of birth control at all (and never have, if that's relevant).

Second:

My last *real* period was March 1st - app. 7th, 2012. Since then I have had two: March 29th - 30th, and April 22nd - 25th. Both of these have been extremely light. Usually, I'm pretty heavy the first two days and then it tapers off: these have been so light it's almost not worth counting. Both times I've only had enough flow to really soak one pad and it's not dark - it's light and pink/light reddish. I can safely say that I've never had anything like that before.

Symptoms:

Since March 10th - 20th, I've had the following:

1. Nausea (1-2 weeks - early April)
2. semi-extreme dizziness/lightheadness (1-2 weeks-early April)
4. Belly hardish (and have *not* been doing ab work)
5. Waist bigger and stomach bigger despite eating less or the same and exercising regularly as I did before.
6. Cramps - especially back (note: I typically do *not* have cramps during my cycles, so this is abnormal for me)
7. Trouble sleeping
8. Feel full most of the time now (Earlier in March felt hungry most of the time)
9. Urinate fairly frequently
10. Tend to be more bloated
11. Bigger breasts
12. Constipation and Diarrhea
13. Heightened sense of smell
14. Headaches

In this time, I have taken three pregnancy tests and they are all negative.

Other notes that may be of interest/aid:

1. I'm an avid cyclist and exercise daily for over 1 hour each day. I typically burn an extra 1000 calories a day in exercise (if you don't believe me, take up cycling and do 20+ miles a day. ;-) ) I have done this for the past couple years and have been exercising regularly (i.e. every day) for the past 5. I'm fairly in-tune with my body: am not overweight: eat in a healthy manner (little sugar, *very* little processed, lots of water, no soda, candy etc...) - for a year and a half, I counted calories fairly religiously and then tapered off. Recently I started again because I was wondering if I was eating more than I thought - but nope... with the amount I eat, I should be losing weight - instead I'm gaining - but it's all right around my stomach and breasts.

Let's see: My husband and I would like children but we aren't necessarily in a hurry just yet, so I don't really think that my body is giving out symptoms because I really want to be pregnant.

So ladies... any thoughts, ideas? I would think that I'm pregnant, but the the negative tests and bleeding/spotting is really throwing me off... what should I do?

Thanks!

~LenaB

Have you seen your GP?

xxx
xx
x

I presume that means doctor? (Sorry, I'm not update on all the lingo. :) ) No, I have not. I went to see a midwife 4 weeks ago and she gave me a standard store test and listened with a doppler. The test was negative and she couldn't hear anything. Of course.. at that point I would have only been 3-4 weeks pregnant, so it's not surprising she couldn't hear anything. I'm a little embarrassed to show up again and say, "Hey.. I'm having more symptoms, will you test me"... so I just don't know what to do...

That sounds really confusing for you, in all honesty other than being pregnant I have no idea what it could be. I would really recommend a doctors appointment so you can be sure of what is happening and put your mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back