Question to those that had their lo Christened.

NIE

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering how much you spent on your lo's Christening.

Here is a estimate to what I am spending.

Buffet: £200
Cake: £85
Room Hire: £45
LO's Outfit: £55
Thank you gifts: £60
Decorations: £25
Priest Envelope: £50
Invites: £20

I think that is about it. I'm not sure if this is too much or is it too cheap?

Thanks. x

Donation: £30
Dress: £60 (godfather paid)
Headband & Shoes: £12 (godmother paid)
Shawl: £30 (my mum & dad paying)
Room Hire: £40
Bouncy Castle: £60
DJ: free
Food: £50 (Doing it ourselves)
Cake: not sure yet
Decorations: £25
Invites: £35
Gifts to Godparents: Not sure yet

There are LOADS of other bits and bats too that keep adding up. Something for me to wear is gunna cost me a fortune :lol: I think to be honest it doesnt matter how much or little you spend as long as everyone enjoys the day and its how you want it :)

Jo, copied and pasted your list and edited!

Donation: £50
Dress: £80 (Paternal Grandmother paid for)
Shawl: £0 (my aunt knitted it)
Room Hire: £0 (My Dad is a member of our local rugby club)
Food: £350 (Buffet for 80)
Cake: free (my pal made it)
Decorations: £40 (got banners of internet, baloons were £23)
Drink: £80 (bought 2 cases of cava and 6 cartons of orange)
My outfit: £85
Other bits and pieces like sweets for the kids - £20

I could have done it for half that if needed....although I could have spent a hell of a lot more!

xxx

Thanks for the replies. :D

I am happy with what we have arranged so far.

happy-chick.......you're right, as long as we enjoy ourselves then it shouldn't matter. I only worry as people are traveling a long way and are not religious and don't actually see the point in being Christened and are only coming because they feel they have to. x

the church was free and wouldnt accept any money, we had the party at out house and di the catering ourselves cost about £60 did the cake my self and the outfit was £50 all in and didnt buy gifts for godparents and prob about £10/£15 on decorations

Hope you all enjoy your LO's christenings :)

Jacob isn't getting christened as my hubby doesn't "believe in all that cr@p", i've been really upset about it, really want him christened but OH doesn't! Sick of arguing about it now :(

We are having Antonio Christened in 6 weeks and the cost is a shocker :shock:

We are paying/have paid for most already..........

Priest/church donation £100
Room hire at county golf club £200
Buffet £600
Christening Cake £90
Decorations £70
Christening gown £145
Italian band for music entertainment £350
Christening favours £250
Welcome drink of champagne and second drink for a toast £450
Christening invite cards (already sent) £160
Open bar for guests to have drinks (cost will be given at end of evening)

Think thats it :think:

It does look expensive but..............we have a lot of people coming (and its my OH's 40th Birthday so we are inviting lots of people to the christening and to celebrate both occasions :D

its not booked yet but this is what weve been quoted/have bought

buffet - £120
room - free if they do food which they will
dress/shoes etc - £50
decorations/invites - £10

thats it i think
cheap and cheerful and i want it to be small and personal with around 20 people.
too many people = too much hassle and the most important people will be there so thats the main thing :)
as long as we get plenty of photos to remember it then im happy

You must all be rich :lol:
Isaac's outfit was about £40 and he was Christened the same time as my best friends DD who's 2 days younger than Isaac, we paid £50 each for the donation/food/room etc etc so less than £100 and we had a fantastic day :dance:

We didn't do thankyou gifts :think: just personalised prezzies and poems for the Godparents, and as for invites, we just told family and friends when and what time, and got lovely picture cakes from ASDA :D

Have lovely Christening's ladies and babies :hug:

Redshoes said:
You must all be rich :lol:
Isaac's outfit was about £40 and he was Christened the same time as my best friends DD who's 2 days younger than Isaac, we paid £50 each for the donation/food/room etc etc so less than £100 and we had a fantastic day :dance:

We didn't do thankyou gifts :think: just personalised prezzies and poems for the Godparents, and as for invites, we just told family and friends when and what time, and got lovely picture cakes from ASDA :D

Have lovely Christening's ladies and babies :hug:

sounds like my kinda christening :dance: :lol: :lol:
cake £10 from asda and transfer our own icing picture on it!!

:shock: gosh thats heck of a lot we also did it cheap.

had party at our house and ordered some pasties, cake was a gift from grandparents and i made desserts and my mum and ohs mum made food.

church was free and out fit was what we already had for luke which was his tottenham footie kit!!

and as gifts go aren't the godparents meant to give the child gifts? ours did we didn't give them anything apart from the privilidge of being asked! :lol:

rusks said:
:shock: gosh thats heck of a lot we also did it cheap.

had party at our house and ordered some pasties, cake was a gift from grandparents and i made desserts and my mum and ohs mum made food.

church was free and out fit was what we already had for luke which was his tottenham footie kit!!

and as gifts go aren't the godparents meant to give the child gifts? ours did we didn't give them anything apart from the privilidge of being asked! :lol:

same here regarding the gifts!!
we want it to be small and personal so it's a celebration, not a party for the adults!
but if i had that money to spend then i would!!!

Kimbo - as clearly stated, it is my OH's birthday on the same day as our son's christening so naturaly people will want to wish him a happy birthday. We have a lot of family coming (that are close and personnal) that we havnt seen in years therefore we are having 2 celebrations in 1. I feel as though you are judging me here which is a little unfair! Also if we want to spend that kind of money (just becuase we can) and have a big celebration that is our choice! It doesnt make us terrible people just becuase we have decided to make is a big event of it so id appreciate it if you diddnt make me sound as if im being selfish and putting my son last just becuase we are joint celebrating my OH's birthday and adults happen to be coming!

Just to clear up any further missunderstanding :-

1) we are Itlain and in italy Christening's are celebrated in a big way (the same as weddings i suppose)

2) This isnt a drunken adults party (people have respect) the Italian band is only for 4 hrs therfore the music stops and people will steadily make there way home as this is maily for the christening.

3) There happens to be a birthday cake and a happy birthday banner for my OH big wow.

4) just becuase we decided to spend a lot of money and invite a lot of people doesnt make this celebration just for adults neither does it make it less personnal as 80 people out of 90 happen to be family that we havnt seen for many years and we want to reunite evryone again.

Tiggy26 said:
Kimbo - as clearly stated, it is my OH's birthday on the same day as our son's christening so naturaly people will want to wish him a happy birthday. We have a lot of family coming (that are close and personnal) that we havnt seen in years therefore we are having 2 celebrations in 1. I feel as though you are judging me here which is a little unfair! Also if we want to spend that kind of money (just becuase we can) and have a big celebration that is our choice! It doesnt make us terrible people just becuase we have decided to make is a big event of it so id appreciate it if you diddnt make me sound as if im being selfish and putting my son last just becuase we are joint celebrating my OH's birthday and adults happen to be coming!

Just to clear up any further missunderstanding :-

1) we are Itlain and in italy Christening's are celebrated in a big way (the same as weddings i suppose)

2) This isnt a drunken adults party (people have respect) the Italian band is only for 4 hrs therfore the music stops and people will steadily make there way home as this is maily for the christening.

3) There happens to be a birthday cake and a happy birthday banner for my OH big wow.

4) just becuase we decided to spend a lot of money and invite a lot of people doesnt make this celebration just for adults neither does it make it less personnal as 80 people out of 90 happen to be family that we havnt seen for many years and we want to reunite evryone again.

Kimbo said:
but if i had that money to spend then i would!!!

Ooo this has been a really useful thread I have been told to organise one lol.

We havent booked it yet - Have a meeting at the the church in a few weeks, but we reckon it will cost roughly

Church donation - £50
room hire local pub - free
bouncy castle for little kids - £75 - we have a lot of little children coming
buffet done by pub-£150
decorations - £30
cake - £30
outfit for alex - £50

we are doing Dafydd on 22nd June our 11 yr anniversary togethor

Just church and then back at ours for some food and a little to drink.

we have a family friend making the cake and i got his christening outfit from Debenhams http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... _562486_-1 just something simple.

we spent a lot more on the girls but we have decided to keep it simple this time round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back