Question re breastpumps

knopk@

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was thinking I will get a breastpump as I go cause I wasn't sure if I will need it but now I am thinking I will probably do so need to get one as and a bit stuck.

Which ones have you used and which ones would you recommend? How are they different? Does your nipple shape make a difference? The problem is you can't try one beforehand.

Hi hun I got a Tommee Tippee manual one and I personally wouldn't recommend it, I got more milk from hand expressing and the pump just hurt me, I've heard great things about the electric Medela ones though x

I bought the medela electronic one on recommendation from a friend who had a baby about 4 months ago. Fingers crossed it will do the job.... :)

I used avent hand and worked great for me but ask your mw cos you can borrow electric ones of nhs free. My hv offered me one after Lo was born so not sure if mw will know but worth a try

Hey hun

I have the medela swing electric and use it daily. It's not cheap but is a fantastic pump.

You can actually buy replacement kits for all the parts that milk touches tho so getting a second hand one and buying a kit can work out cheaper xx

Hi hun I got a Tommee Tippee manual one and I personally wouldn't recommend it, I got more milk from hand expressing and the pump just hurt me, I've heard great things about the electric Medela ones though x

Oh noo i got this as it was on special... so glad i didnt pay full price so i wont be so dissappointed if it isnt that good.
x

I've got the electric advent one from the advice of a friend who had a baby not long ago and thought it was great. Something to bear in mind is which bottles and sterilizer you have or planning to get as they then all become more compatible with each other.

Good point, what if I have Avent bottles and steriliser already, would I be able to use Medela? I guess I will have to express into medela bottle and then pour it in a different bottle?

Lisa maybe it was my technique I'm not sure, but it definitely wasn't for me xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back