Bottles

Rachel

Reaction score
I want to breastfeed this baby but am going to buy some bottles just incase it dosen't work out again.

I tried so many different ones with Nathan I can't remember which ones were good and which ones I didn't like :doh: I did like mam bottles last time but didn't like all the bits you had to take apart :doh: so wont be getting them.

I want to buy a breastpump aswell so that brand will have to go with the bottles I buy.

What bottles would you recommend and why? Or what ones have you bought?

Thanks x

When Keeley was a newborn i used Avent bottles i never had a probelm with them at first but over time they went a funny colour and started to leak so i changed to Mam bottles cos i needed new bottles and they were pink :oops:

I love Mam bottles but they are fiddly as everything needs to come apart to wash them up :? i find them ok as i only use two bottles a day but if i had a newborn who needed 6 or more bottles a day having to fiddle with the Mam bottles would do my head it :lol:

I bought an Avent manual pump (Isis?) and was given both Avent bottles and Tommee Tippee. We prefer the Avent bottles, or teats should I say, because the TT ones seem to make Ryan a bit windy whereas he's never had a problem with Avent. Remember to change teat as your baby gets older though - Ryan was using newborn teats at 3 months plus, and was just getting angry at them! I breastfeed too by the way, and express, and give an additional bottle before he goes to bed.

i have used avent teats since willow was newborn and i have never had a problem with them at all they are still fine now.

Thanks :D Think I will buy the avent bottles and breastpump then :)

Nic n Keeley that's why I don't want mam bottles, did my head in last time taking them all apart then putting them back together :lol: If i need new bottles when the baby gets abit older then I will prob use mam bottles because as you said 2 or so isn't too bad but 6ish :shock:

tommee tippee closer to nature ones have been brilliant for me. Still using them without a problem, ill be using them again for the next one lol.

as a breastfeeding mummy who only started bottles at 6 months, i got on really well with avent ones. so if ur hoping to BF then i can recommend the transition from breast to bottle a success with those!

Thanks trixipaws, I am hoping to breastfeed then go on to bottle or combine breast and bottle feeding if I can :) So im glad to know Avent are good for that :)

I really like the tommee tippee ones, I have had no problems at all with them, no colic and no windy baby.

Brody didn't like the avent ones after breastfeeding so I got MAM ones that are flatter and feel more like skin. He liked those ones.

Several of my friends who have expressed because of going back to work have raved about DR BROWN bottles , I will be back at work one day a week from 8 weeks so i am trying these....its the collic thing.......... :shock:

trixipaws said:
as a breastfeeding mummy who only started bottles at 6 months, i got on really well with avent ones. so if ur hoping to BF then i can recommend the transition from breast to bottle a success with those!

we went from breast to mixed feeding with Avent bottles too... its worked really well for us.

When I do express, I use the Medela Mini Electric pump. but i did buy 3 spare storage bottles to go with it...

I've bought the Tommee Tippee closer to nature ones - I am planning on breastfeeding too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back