Question about pushchair suitability for newborn

Dinski

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a pushchair quite soon. I'm thinking about getting this one,
http://www.kiddicare.com/invt/3i1hakinfinityredl the Hauck Infinity. However, I am a bit confused about whether I will need to buy the carrycot for him when he is newborn. The specifications seem to say that the pushchair is suitable from birth. Does this mean I can put him in the pushchair seat (obviously flat) from newborn or is it referring to the chassis with appropriate attachment (carrycot?). Obviously I don't want to buy the carrycot if not needed but the email I sent to Hauck got returned and I thought someone on here will know about such things. Also, if I can lie him in the pushchair when he is born is there a time limit (like with car seats it is 1.5 hours at a time) or do pushchair seats normally support lumbar/neck of baby automatically? Thanks!

i have this one and i dont know wot it means but i wuldnt put a newborn in the actuall chair as I think it wouldnt be good for his bck its not like a normal pushchair where the whole back goes so its lying glad it just tilts (the whole seat)
hope this makes sence

sarah how many buggies do you have???!!! hehe xxx

5 so far really want another so if neone sees a nice one let me know :wink:

Dunno if this helps, but we got Quinny Buzz, originally it said pushchair was from birth, now its changed and they recommend carrycot from birth to 6 months....all very well but carrycot was an extra £120!!! Luckily we got the whole package with carrycot on EBAY for what we would of paid in shop for the pushchair.

We do a lot of walking, and with it being a winter baby, the carrycot did appeal to be honest, plus when we go on holiday to Scotlans in APril, we can use the carrycot as moses type bed to save humping an extra bed with us too.

If we decide not to have any more kids, I will sell the carrycot on EBAY, as I am sure there is a market for 2nd hand ones with them being so dear new? :think:

Hope this helped??xx

i have this pushchair. it is sutible from 3 months plus.

i think it would be ok for new born if you got a head hugger for it. and maybe a cosey toes to make it softer.
you get adapeters with it so u can use car seat with it. maybe look into what carseat it is???

i used it for Harley form when he was 9 weeks old.

il take a pic of mine layed flat if you like? so you can judge for yourself :)

il take a pic of mine layed flat if you like? so you can judge for yourself

Thanks Dionne! :)

What is a head hugger btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111