question about juice

Jynann

Reaction score
Hi guys. :wave:

I think this has been asked before, but i couldn't find the post.
Can you give babies sugar free juice, just really watered down? Rather than the baby juice you can get? cos the baby juice is already diluted and in small bottles and is expensive too - I know you can water it down more but thought if there is no difference in the normal sugar free juice you would give a toddler, cant we just use a little amount of that and water it down loads and loads? :think:

thanks xxx

I don't give juice, just water but personally I wouldn't give sugar free juice (like Robinsons or similar) because of the other rubbish it has got in it:-

If going to give juice, personally I would give watered down pure fruit juice (not from concentrate).

Valentine Xxx

Ditto what valentine has said. The sugar free squash stuff has loads of crap in it. I'd not give it a baby.

I plan to stick to plain water till LO is past a year. Longer if I can manage it. Not even going to water down fresh fruit juice. We don't drink squash or other drinks, only water or fresh juice, so LO isn't going to know that other stuff exists. I'll drink my daily juice when he is not around.

thanx girls,
I have only been giving my lo water but she wont drink to much. I tried from a bottle and she gagged at lot so I now give it in a free flow cup, which is better but I''m a bit concerned cos she wont drink much and i'm weaning her. She is now only on 4 bottles a day and has a bottle at around 9, along with breakfast then has lunch, with her water so is not having her next bottle until 3-4 in the afternoon so I want her to have more fluids in between but she is not keen lol. I didn't want to give her juice but if it means she has more fluids i'm willing to give it a go. I just don't want her to be getting thirsty :(

Any suggestions would be great xxx

I give kyran watered down juice. he'll only drink apple and backcurrent. personally i dont see the harm in it. id rather him want that when hes older than coke or any other fizzy crap. hes never drank water, just doesnt like it and never has since being a newborn.

When i started weaning kyran he wouldnt drink anything other than milk. he only just started taking an interest in juice about 2 weeks ago.

rhys didnt have juice until 18 months + :oops:

even now he only has it at my mums or as a 'treat'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back